ryoder

The value of having a camera on a motor vehicle

ryoder

***no luck. Although the motion blur would be managed better by higher FPS, the aberration coupled with the blur...it's a goner. I can get one letter out of the white car... nothing more. Sorry!

Well, I appreciate your efforts.
Thanks!

Latest update:
I missed a call from the deputy yesterday, and got his vmail when I called back.
I expect to talk to him today.

Just curious, what state is the douchebag driver from, if you know?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnMitchell

Just curious, what state is the douchebag driver from, if you know?

Please don't be Texas.:S

I used to be one of those Texans taking ski trips to Colorado. I know we have a bad enough reputation already. :D

Like I said, it's either Texas or California. Those are the only options.

Just got off the phone with the deputy.
Even after the idiot saw the video, he is *still* trying to deny it happened that way!:S
So due to him still having his head up his ass, he is likely going to get:

1. Reckless driving (with mandatory court appearance).
2. Passing where prohibited,
3. Reckless endangerment (due to all the people he nearly hit head-on).

And I need to submit into evidence the complete video beginning from the first time I first saw him until the last time I saw him.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

Which is a Class 3 misdemeanor in Colorado.
Now we're no longer in traffic court. B|

Ooh!
He didn't mention that to me.
I just *love* good news!:):D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Which is a Class 3 misdemeanor in Colorado.
Now we're no longer in traffic court. B|

Ooh!
He didn't mention that to me.
I just *love* good news!:):D

I'll say it again... Fuckin' A, baby! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well here's how I see it: Our hero and his wife (after speaking to their lawyer) were out for a leisure drive in the mountains when this long haired, bearded, dirty biker, flipped them off and make obscene gestures to his wife. In fear of their lives they sped past him (they saw something that looked like a thermal nuclear device in his hand) and escaped. Putting several vehicles behind them they had to pull over. In shock. All of a sudden the Mad Max of Co pulls up and once again tries to attack them. They speed off to safely.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

ryoder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As73n5qyamk

Bear in mind the car was a hell of a lot closer than it looks in the video.
The video was made for the local sheriff's office.

I've spent a lot of time on Squaw, a very good friend of mine lives up there. I have watched one cyclist (riding legally) die on that road from an idiot driver like that doing the EXACT same illegal pass.

jackwallace

Well here's how I see it: Our hero and his wife (after speaking to their lawyer) were out for a leisure drive in the mountains when this long haired, bearded, dirty biker, flipped them off and make obscene gestures to his wife. In fear of their lives they sped past him

If not these people, I'm sure many @$$hats truly feel they are victims like that. :S

That's the great thing about video. The One Eye that don't lie. ;):D

jackwallace

Well here's how I see it: Our hero and his wife (after speaking to their lawyer) were out for a leisure drive in the mountains when this long haired, bearded, dirty biker, flipped them off and make obscene gestures to his wife. In fear of their lives they sped past him (they saw something that looked like a thermal nuclear device in his hand) and escaped. Putting several vehicles behind them they had to pull over. In shock. All of a sudden the Mad Max of Co pulls up and once again tries to attack them. They speed off to safely.

He will claim the video doesn't prove he was driving. If the lady in the passenger seat when ryoder pulled up was his wife, she cannot be made to testify against him (is my understanding). If the video doesn't give clear evidence he is behind the wheel it will get thrown out.

Just my layman's prediction.

SkyDekker

He will claim the video doesn't prove he was driving. If the lady in the passenger seat when ryoder pulled up was his wife, she cannot be made to testify against him (is my understanding). If the video doesn't give clear evidence he is behind the wheel it will get thrown out.

You may be right. I hope not. But even so, I do hope this costs him time, money, and aggravation. Maybe he might experience an epiphany.

SkyDekker

***Well here's how I see it: Our hero and his wife (after speaking to their lawyer) were out for a leisure drive in the mountains when this long haired, bearded, dirty biker, flipped them off and make obscene gestures to his wife. In fear of their lives they sped past him (they saw something that looked like a thermal nuclear device in his hand) and escaped. Putting several vehicles behind them they had to pull over. In shock. All of a sudden the Mad Max of Co pulls up and once again tries to attack them. They speed off to safely.

Just my layman's prediction.

I don't suppose there's any chance that DSE can extrapolate and clean up the video to show who was driving, via Ryoder's left mirror when it came up behind him?

:D

Dammit Ryoder, get a better camera!

BillyVance

I don't suppose there's any chance that DSE can extrapolate and clean up the video to show who was driving, via Ryoder's left mirror when it came up behind him?

Dammit Ryoder, get a better camera!

That is where those license plates of the vehicles he almost hit head-on would come in handy. They got a really close look and might be able to testify who was driving.

As for trying to claim he wasn't driving:
1. Last I talked to the cop he wasn't denying it was him.
2. I don't know if the woman has a drivers license.
3. I don't know if the rental agreement covered her.

JohnMitchell

You may be right. I hope not. But even so, I do hope this costs him time, money, and aggravation. Maybe he might experience an epiphany.

Why would it get thrown out? The video is a corroboration of ryoder's own testimony. If ryoder can attest to the fact that the man was driving, I would think that his testimony combined with the video would be compelling.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

SethInMI

Why would it get thrown out? The video is a corroboration of ryoder's own testimony. If ryoder can attest to the fact that the man was driving, I would think that his testimony combined with the video would be compelling.

Oh, Yoder can testify to that. And he will. :|
If Yoder testifies that way, and it's not rebutted by a denial, then that's strong evidence that the man was the driver. If the man chooses to testify, then it will be Yoder's word against the man's. Of course, if the man denies he was driving, then by process of elimination that implicates the woman as the driver, and we charge the woman and prosecute her. If the woman testifies the man wasn't driving, then logically she'd be implicating herself as the driver.

Also

At 0:15, looking at/through the windshield of the car reflected in Yoder's left rear view mirror, I think a reasonable argument can be made that the shape of the silhouette of the figure on the passenger's side of the car seems to be the same shape as the wife's hairstyle as is visible at about 1:25 - 1:32.

ryoder

The deputy mentioned three possible charges;
Improper passing, reckless driving, (and I forgot the third one).

I've always thought that the blue lights they use now are about the prettiest color I've ever seen. The hue, or tone or however color is described is just mesmerizing.

Especially when they're behind some one else.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Niki1

***The deputy mentioned three possible charges;

I've always thought that the blue lights they use now are about the prettiest color I've ever seen. The hue, or tone or however color is described is just mesmerizing.

:D:DEspecially when they're behind some one else.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Niki1

***The deputy mentioned three possible charges;

Especially when they're behind some one else.

Indeed! :D:D:D

Just got off the phone with the deputy;

He got sidetracked with another investigation, but will be filing the paperwork today:

1. Passing where prohibited.
2. Reckless driving (mandatory court appearance).

And yes, JohnnyMarko, he is from California.:D

Just got off the phone with the deputy;

He got sidetracked with another investigation, but will be filing the paperwork today:

1. Passing where prohibited.
2. Reckless driving (mandatory court appearance).

And yes, JohnnyMarko, he is from California.:D