ryoder

The value of having a camera on a motor vehicle

What a F&^%ing jackass! :|

I really hope you turn that in. I'm really considering using a dashboard camera myself, the way idiots do stupid stuff all day long.

Not too long ago, one of my daughters had her car totaled and minor injuries when a teenage driver turned left in front of her. My daughter, of course, had a green light to go straight ahead and the teenage girl had a flashing yellow arrow. But the girl's mom showed up and coached her to lie and say she had a green arrow. To the cop that came, there was enough doubt he didn't issue a ticket.

Our daughter's insurance paid what the car was "worth", not what was owed, and didn't compensate our daughter for injuries, medical bills and time lost from work.

Dash cam = the one eye that don't lie.

I am definitely turning it in.
The sheriff office opens 0800 Monday.

I don't know if you can tell, but the bitch in the front passenger seat was screaming her head off at me. The earplugs muffled what she was saying, the the camera didn't pick it up worth a darn either. I was talking to her, when I said I didn't care what she had to say.

Check out this camera: It is a POV camera that *also* has dashcam functionality, *and* has a rotating lens like my Contour so you can mount it on a non-level surface (like my motorcycle helmet) and rotate the lens to level:

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2015/5/24/drift-stealth-2-smaller-is-better.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yet another prime example of why I really really want to get one of the mini airhorn kits and mount it on my bike. I live in a big city and tend to get out of town fast on the bike, but no matter where you go, some drivers will try to bully bikers out of a lane.

It may not make a difference, but watching them jump at the air horn will sure make me feel better about it.
If you can't convince them, keep them confused.

Update:
A deputy just called me.
It was a rental car.
They talked to the rental company and ID'd the driver.
He is still in state and will be getting a ticket.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Update:
A deputy just called me.
It was a rental car.

Fuckin' A, baby! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ryoder

Update:
A deputy just called me.
It was a rental car.

Does the sheriff's dept have a copy of your video? You just know you'd want to see the look on the douchebag's face go from indignation to .... when they show it to him to rebut his denials. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Update:
A deputy just called me.
It was a rental car.

Does the sheriff's dept have a copy of your video? You just know you'd want to see the look on the douchebag's face go from indignation to .... when they show it to him to rebut his denials. :D

Friggin' Youtube doesn't allow resubmitting a video, so I loaded a second version with more footage before/after the second illegal pass. This is the one I gave the sheriff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIhrsL6JXY

A couple things I learned sitting in court for a week in April:
1. Youtube video *can* be submitted as evidence.
2. Video evidence can only be admitted in court if the photographer is sworn in as a witness.

So the deputy first asked if I would be willing to appear in court. Be a vengeful SOB who holds a grudge when an idiot tries to kill me, of course I answered: "I'd love to go to court!">:(

And the fact that the idiot will need to fly back in from out-of-state if he wants to contest it, makes it even better.>:(

SkyCoi

This story made my day. I love riding Squaw Pass, but that road and Poudre Canyon always seem to have an overabundance of asshats ...

Thanks for posting!

Squaw Pass is my favorite road!
(Except when idiots are trying to kill me).
I rode up there on May 30 when there was *lots* of snow on the upper half, (but not on the road), *and* I did not overtake anyone, *and* the sky was beautiful!
I'm working on an edit of that ride set to music.B|

Remster

I'm working on an edit of that ride set to music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQ3eBerHfM

:D:D:D

Well, I've already licensed a song from Moby, but maybe I'll check with Kenny Loggins to see if he does not-for-profit licensing for an alternative version.

Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!
The asshole is denying that he passed me, even after the deputy told him he has already seen the video!!!
So the deputy is planning to file charges that will require a mandatory appearance in court, (and the idiot is from out-of-state)!

Is it wrong to get such a warm, fuzzy feeling for helping an idiot dig himself a hole?>:(

ryoder

Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!
The asshole is denying that he passed me, even after the deputy told him he has already seen the video!!!
So the deputy is planning to file charges that will require a mandatory appearance in court, (and the idiot is from out-of-state)!

Is it wrong to get such a warm, fuzzy feeling for helping an idiot dig himself a hole?>:(

Fucking A! Baby! Hang that motherfucker! B|B|B|

Love these stories. Years ago coming up north out of Mobile in my old Porsche 914 going about 75-80, I came up on some non-descript POS car full of people. The driver sped up trying to keep me from passing him. We eventually got up to 100 mph before I gave up and let the dick go... then, coming over the top of the I-65 bridge over the Mobile river delta, I spied blue flashing lights off in the distance.

Turns out it was that same car. Two cop cars pulled him over, had all occupants out with hands on the car and all doors and trunk lid open. The fact they were all black didn't really matter. The driver was easily hauling ass at over 100mph. >:(

I had a huge grin the rest of the drive home. :D

ryoder

Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!

Texas or California, guaranteed.

JohnnyMarko

***Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!

Texas or California, guaranteed.

:D:D:D
Oh, I've got *great* CO story for each of those, but I'm writing up my official statement for the deputy right now.:ph34r:

ryoder

BWAHAHAHA!

Ahhh, I can't help but smile about that. He's gonna get a good lesson he's been needing for a long time. Great work, Robert. B|

ryoder

Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!

Hey. We're paying for the entertainment here... The least you could do is not do a straight copy-and-paste from FB :P
Remster

Remster

***Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!

Hey. We're paying for the entertainment here... The least you could do is not do a straight copy-and-paste from FB :P

Actually, FB is a copy/paste from Dizzy, but then I realized I hadn't hit the "submit" button on Dizzy yet.:P

ryoder

Another update:

BWAHAHAHA!

The only way it could get better would be that he gets another ticket when he's forced to return to the state to appear in court for his previous ticket. Well either that or he doesn't show up in court and has a warrant set for his arrest.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but the guy is going to get a $100 fine for illegal passing. He'll send in the check or hire a local lawyer and be done.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

The deputy has made it clear that if the idiot keeps denying it, he is going to apply charges that will require a mandatory personal appearance in court. Last I talked to him this afternoon, he had sent the idiot a link to my video to see if he wants to change his mind.

ryoder

The deputy has made it clear that if the idiot keeps denying it, he is going to apply charges that will require a mandatory personal appearance in court. Last I talked to him this afternoon, he had sent the idiot a link to my video to see if he wants to change his mind.

That guy was being a total asshat (and didn't have the power in that rental to remotely make the moves safe, even if he thought he could ignore the legality), he could have taken out any number of people, just in that video alone. The bicyclist probably thought he was a goner. I'm glad nothing happened to you or any of the others.

Just curious, but what charges could he apply at this point, beyond passing illegally, that would escalate it to a mandated court appearance? Reckless driving? Something more?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***The deputy has made it clear that if the idiot keeps denying it, he is going to apply charges that will require a mandatory personal appearance in court. Last I talked to him this afternoon, he had sent the idiot a link to my video to see if he wants to change his mind.

That guy was being a total asshat (and didn't have the power in that rental to remotely make the moves safe, even if he thought he could ignore the legality), he could have taken out any number of people, just in that video alone. The bicyclist probably thought he was a goner. I'm glad nothing happened to you or any of the others.

Just curious, but what charges could he apply at this point, beyond passing illegally, that would escalate it to a mandated court appearance? Reckless driving? Something more?

reckless endangerment and driving in an unsafe manner are 2 that could apply here.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The deputy mentioned three possible charges;
Improper passing, reckless driving, (and I forgot the third one).