promise5

Halloween or Harvest party.

normiss

When I was a kid, we had easter break.

When I was a kid, we had Vernal Equinox and blood sacrifices. ;)

Just remember, Easter also used to be a Pagan holiday before the Christians took it over.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

promise5

I'm not that bug a blonde that I don't know the difference.
Camo!! Lol

I didn't think you were a bug at all.

I did fix my link above though.:P:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Generally, those that dislike the word Halloween dislike it because it makes them butt hurt about their religious beliefs.
:S:S:S:S

None of this was a problem until a bunch of politically correct liberal atheists got all butt hurt about traditional religious celebrations - so now, given it's historical pagan/religious implications, Halloween is on it's way out as well. Be careful what you wish for, right? I mean seriously, are they so near-sighted that they didn't see this coming?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Harvest?
Harvest?
When did they change the meaning of that word?
Why did I not get the memo?
When are they going to update my paper dictionary?

I am so old that I can remember when "gay" mean "cheerful."

I am so old that "fags" were "cigarettes" when I was young.

Coreeece

None of this was a problem until a bunch of politically correct liberal atheists got all butt hurt about traditional religious celebrations - so now, given it's historical pagan/religious implications, Halloween is on it's way out as well. Be careful what you wish for, right? I mean seriously, are they so near-sighted that they didn't see this coming?

Halloween is a Christian festival. It's a contraction of "All Hallow's Eve", because 1 November is "All Saints Day".

The fact that the Christian church placed Halloween right on top of Samhain is no accident. And Samhain is where the offerings and spirits of the dead traditions come from...

So yeah, if you want to support a religious holiday, keep the name Halloween, ditch the candy and hedonism and go to church like you should. If you're a bit looser and like life a little on the darker side, get your freak on and go celebrate the liminal festival of Samhain.