The_Don

Three packs of smokes a day...

I quit cold turkey July 4th weekend 2009 and I'm happy I did.

The best advice I received was from a friend of mine who had quit smoking years ago:

"There is no such thing as an ex-smoker, there is only a smoker who is not smoking at this moment. The challenge to keep from becoming an active smoker is to resist the first puff. You are one puff away from chain smoking the rest of your life, but all you have to do is resist a single first puff."

Good job and good luck!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you or anyone else need help or advice feel free to drop me a message.

I quit Sept 28, 2011 because a friend at SD Dallas turned me on to electronic cigarettes.
I was minimum a pack a day smoker for like 25 years.

And I'm not talking the nasty ecigs you buy at the convenience store, talking high quality equipment.

I have never felt better, no weight gain, no withdrawals, no cravings and I can breathe so much better.

While I agree with Dave, I only agree to a certain point. I quite on Y2K and have smoked the occasional cig (probably 5 since I quite) and none of them have turned me into a raging chain smoker.

I had one just last week while tripping on shroom in Durango and while I have become a 3 oz a day shroom addict, I don't need another smoke :)

Great quote.

Thanks. I'm on my way.
Made it through 2 weekends at the DZ with no problem.

Great job Don! And don't even think of lighting up at any time in the future! Cuz if you do, I'm gonna blast you in the face with a super soaker filled with icy water. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Good job. B|

Keep going. Someday the thought of them will gross you out and you'll never miss 'em again. Then you'll really be free. :)

Yup, I quit about 15 years ago, do not regret it one bit. and we charge between $20-$30 per packet here.:S

I have said to mate If I paid $20+ for a pack of smokes I think i would have to punch myself in the head each time i forked over the $$$.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After 25'ish years... I quit on May 20th, 2011. ::)

37 years 2-3 pk/day. Quit cold turkey in 2006. I choked on the 2 or 3 cigs I've tried to smoke since then. Can't stand to be around them now. The price of a single pack in Florida now would have bought almost 3 cartons when I started smoking.

Quiting smoking is easy, I quit maaaany times;) I guess I dont have enough motivation to quit, I try on average 4 times a year, longest time when I did not actually smoke was maybe 3 months :/ I smoke 1 pack/day and 2 when Im at the drop zone :P I really need to pull myself tagether and quit this shit, 250$ a month that go up in smokeB|

Congratulations.

In January of 2011 I was laying on my back in the ER. RIght before we went to the cardiac cath lab he asked me when I quit smoking. I answered "Today?"

I backslid later that year and had to quit all over again on Jan 1st. It's still difficult to be at a party and see people enjoying a smoke. I guess I'll want one for the rest of my life. I am getting to the point of realklky being disgusted by the smell of a heavy smoker. Someday you will too.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Great quote.

Thanks. I'm on my way.
Made it through 2 weekends at the DZ with no problem.

Great job Don! And don't even think of lighting up at any time in the future! Cuz if you do, I'm gonna blast you in the face with a super soaker filled with icy water. :ph34r:

:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Don. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I guess I'll want one for the rest of my life. I am getting to the point of realklky being disgusted by the smell of a heavy smoker. Someday you will too.

Strange things will strike a random craving. For instance I'm reading Live And Let Die, the James Bond novel and he's telling Solitare that he smokes three packs of Chesterfields a day. I was laying in bed reading and it sparked a craving. The craving isn't nearly as bad as it was, but it is still there on occasion. It isn't hard to resist, but it still must be resisted!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."