jumpwally

my brother is a chef can i cook in his kitchen

If it is making fun of people asking something like "my brother is a pilot, can I jump out of his plane?", well, why the heck not?
[Ref.: A current thread in the Skydiving forums.]

If my brother drives a car, can he give me a ride in it and drop me off downtown? Yeah sure, you expect the answer to be yes.

There are a few caveats, sure. Maybe my brother can't do it in his employer's car, or earn money off it on, or can't do it on a learner's permit, or something like that.

So it seems entirely reasonable for someone to ask a question like that about jumping out of airplanes.

I guess if your brother is a chef of course you can cook in his kitchen with his permission. "His" kitchen as in his own. There's no license to pick up a kitchen knife or turn on a stove.

If he's employed in someone else's kitchen, I don't know, maybe with their permission. Can he cook commercially for the public? I don't know the rules on that. Those are different situations.

Smart ass response:

Are you sure you want to try that? There are sharp knives there. You could cut your finger off!!! And there's FIRE!!! You could burn yourself. That stuff is dangerous! You should try something safe...

Like jumping out of a plane. :P

Serious response:

That question about jumping out of the brother's plane is a pretty common one. So is the "Can I jump into my (birthday party, wedding, family reunion, company picnic, ect)?"
It comes with the "New Jumper Enthusiasm."

I don't mind answering "It's a lot more complicated than you think, here are a few of the issues you will have to deal with, here are a few terms to search out."

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo