StreetScooby

Wireless Bungee jump

StreetScooby

I'm convinced it's a special effects video. Just want to make sure, and see what other people think.

I think anyone who doesn't recognize this as completely fake really needs to never comment on real world science or news.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

StreetScooby

;):D:D

My friend can be sensitive with these things... :$:P:D

Well, I will admit effects these days can be very, very good. What they can't do though is violate logic and still be anywhere near believable.

For instance, it makes no flipping' sense whatsoever something like this would be tested with a real human on round 1.

So, that's the very first problem right there.

Then you have to just start looking at the other basic engineering issues, like those "dishes" supposedly used to create the magnetic field. Uh . . . no. We're talking about thousands of pounds of force that would be involved and the dishes have amazingly flimsy mounts.

There's just so much wrong with the video it should instantly flip into FAKE category by anyone who has taken even high school science.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

StreetScooby

I'm convinced it's a special effects video. Just want to make sure, and see what other people think.

it's not even good video shop effects. :S
Wallace and Grommet were visually more believable:D:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I like how the diver's body is still moving like he's tethered by his ankles - even as he rebounds between the cardboard magnetic emitters discs. I mean, seriously, the vest is so well designed, that the effect is identical to just having a bungee edited out of the video.....

BUT, at least his phone is fully charged - that's a win

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

oldwomanc6

***That is just as real as CO governor Hickenlooper being an accomplished skydiver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqhSxluZs2A:D

My favorite part is how the canopy colors reverse between opening and landing.;)

And how they edited out the TM.

indeed! you could clearly see it was a tandem setup, if you're a skydiver.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

quade

***;):D:D

My friend can be sensitive with these things... :$:P:D

Well, I will admit effects these days can be very, very good. What they can't do though is violate logic and still be anywhere near believable.

For instance, it makes no flipping' sense whatsoever something like this would be tested with a real human on round 1.

So, that's the very first problem right there.

Then you have to just start looking at the other basic engineering issues, like those "dishes" supposedly used to create the magnetic field. Uh . . . no. We're talking about thousands of pounds of force that would be involved and the dishes have amazingly flimsy mounts.

There's just so much wrong with the video it should instantly flip into FAKE category by anyone who has taken even high school science.

100% agree. There are a lot of fake video promotions for digital effects artists. My favorite is the 737 hitting the drone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtNjz_Qtx9c

I admit it fooled me the first time I watched it. After the 3rd view I knew it could not be real for several reasons. I never even caught the artists' tag on the winglet. Airplanes are pretty strong, and at the altitude they were at they would not be doing much more than 200mph. It would not have caused that kind of damage. Most likely a dent and a small portion of skin taken off the winglet. Biggest issue was the closing speed and angle. multi rotors are not very fast, and the plane at 200mph that drone would have been in view for about 1/8 of the time it was visible in the published film.