promise5

Any other twins?

I was just wondering if there any other twins that are close but still your lives have taken such different paths?

With my twin being married and pregnant with her first, I've really been thinking about how different our lives are.
We're still very close and always have been. Yes, we can tell when the other is upset without talking. We feel each other's emotions in a sense.
Yet, we live so differently.

Anyone else ?
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Single child but back in school I knew the Rexrots. They were all gymnast. Older brother Danny and the two younger identical, and I mean totally identical twin sisters. They were tiny and cute and they played it up. Think matching Pig tails and freckles. Actually I think one scored a little higher on the beam and the other was a little better on the uneven bars but other then that I really couldn't distinguish them. I actually thought of them as one person. Competed along side them for years all through high school but I never actually knew their individual names. They were just the Rexrots. Then some thing happened. It was like puberty finely struck one of them at 17 and she just went insane. She discovered boys. suddenly she wanted to be pretty rather then cute. Cut off the pig tails, short stylish hair cut. Started wearing make up. And started dating and chasing after boys. The other was like, "But, but... pig tailes." And she was like, "Aaarrrgh, NO MORE PIG TAILS!" Her life took a sharp 90 deg turn and diverged from the other. From that day forward you could never confuse them with each other which had been quite the problem before. I haven't seen them in years, like 25, but I wouldn't be surprised if the first one wasn't still wearing her hair in pig tails.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Not a twin myself, but I have twin nieces - and my grandfather was a twin. My nieces are very, very different in their life choices - although obviously very close as twins. One is an aspiring singer-songwriter; you can check out some of her stuff here:

https://soundcloud.com/rosebetts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy5gjpScRt8

...the other left home at 17 and moved to another country to work in 'commune' that provides residential care for people with learning difficulties (she would hate me calling it a commune....).

Watching them grow up so close, it is clear that the differences in their lives catches them out more and more. Rose writes songs about it :)
I will admit that this post, in part, was to plug my niece Rose's work - but it is pretty good, isn't it? B|

Edited to make it better.

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

peek

Yes, twins are often very much alike aren't they? But the attached picture shows how their attitudes sometimes diverge ...

That. Is. Awesome.

:D:D:D

My grandfather was a twin, fraternal actually, his twin was a sister.

When I was in middle school, there were three sets of twins in my grade alone.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

peek

Yes, twins are often very much alike aren't they? But the attached picture shows how their attitudes sometimes diverge ...

That was great. I just emailed it to my twin daughters, with the subject line "Awwww... Twins!"

Mine are identical twin girls. Both are juniors at the same university. They are very close and have similar personalities. Both are introverted and studious, but have highly developed senses of humor. They are lots of fun.

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

My high school graduating class had 302 people & five sets of twins.

Jerry Baumchen

My twin grandkids are seniors in a small school that has 434 total enrollment. There are six sets of twins in the senior class.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

My high school graduating class had 302 people & five sets of twins.

Jerry Baumchen

My high school graduating class had 15. No twins, but Heidi and Jenny were joined at the hip, so they might as well have been. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Am I the first twin to reply? (I didn't read the entire thread)

I have a twin brother! We are very close but live very different lives! I live in the country and wouldn't have it any other way......he lives in the heart of San Fransisco! I have been married for 22 years with two daughters.....he just celebrated his first anniversary and has no desire to have children at all! I started skydiving 10 years ago and he thinks I'm nuts!