BillyVance

You know college football is here when....

Happy Halloween, fuckers. 9 in a row.

Here comes LSU for another SEC game of the year in 2 weeks. It's gonna be a slobberknocker like it usually is. I fully expect this one to go down to the last minute, last drive, maybe last play. We'll see.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Holy fucking lateral from hell, batman!! :o

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/what-just-happened-breaking-down-the-insane-end-to-miamis-win-at-duke/ar-BBmG5C4?li=AA54yf

They'll probably be debating this play the rest of the season.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's almost that day here again...

The battle of the SEC West behemoths...

LSU at Alabama, with the winner likely winning the division as has happened in all but 2 years since 2007.

Bama holds a 4 game winning streak in the rivalry, but we all know they could just as easily have won 2 of those on their home field.

Tomorrow, this game could go either way. Both ranked in the top 6 in the nation in rushing defense and both have the top two running backs in the nation too. This is going to come down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes, and so far, LSU QB Brandon Harris has that edge. BUT... he hasn't seen a defensive front 7 as ferocious as Bama's. And with two freshmen starting at the guard positions on the offensive line, I think that spells trouble for Harris and Fournette. Fournette better not think about running up the middle.

It's gonna come down to the last minute, last drive, maybe even last play, or god forbid, overtime. As usual.

Good luck boys.

BillyVance

It's almost that day here again...

The battle of the SEC West behemoths...

LSU at Alabama, with the winner likely winning the division as has happened in all but 2 years since 2007.

Bama holds a 4 game winning streak in the rivalry, but we all know they could just as easily have won 2 of those on their home field.

Tomorrow, this game could go either way. Both ranked in the top 6 in the nation in rushing defense and both have the top two running backs in the nation too. This is going to come down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes, and so far, LSU QB Brandon Harris has that edge. BUT... he hasn't seen a defensive front 7 as ferocious as Bama's. And with two freshmen starting at the guard positions on the offensive line, I think that spells trouble for Harris and Fournette. Fournette better not think about running up the middle.

It's gonna come down to the last minute, last drive, maybe even last play, or god forbid, overtime. As usual.

Good luck boys.

You and several of my cousins on Facebook from Alabama are truly afflicted

I think Martha painted her dayum house RED even

muff528

Hoping for a rematch against LSU in Atlanta. Otherwise I'd pull for Alabama.

If Bama doesn't make it to Atlanta, I'll pull for the Gators too. Coach McElwain has got those boys headed in the right direction. He's a much better person than Meyer or Muschamps. :)
After all, he did win two national titles for Bama as offensive coordinator. B|

Amazon

You and several of my cousins on Facebook from Alabama are truly afflicted

It's the way it is here in the deep south. College football is paramount here. Outsiders just do not understand. :P

BillyVance

***Hoping for a rematch against LSU in Atlanta. Otherwise I'd pull for Alabama.

If Bama doesn't make it to Atlanta, I'll pull for the Gators too. Coach McElwain has got those boys headed in the right direction. He's a much better person than Meyer or Muschamps. :)
After all, he did win two national titles for Bama as offensive coordinator. B|

Yeah, I like his style. I think he's going to be a good fit for Florida. Gators vs Vanderbilt -- too close. But if you look back at the play-by-play, Vandy only ran 5 plays from scrimmage on the Florida side of the field, all in one series of downs. ...and one of those was a punt. Of course, their only scoring play began on their side and crossed all 50 yds of Gators territory. So one, single play could have taken Florida out, if not for that final FG. Vandy didn't run a single play from Florida territory in the 2nd half. Florida's defense does look good. But I think it may take McElwain another season or two to sort out their offense to his liking. Now, I can't believe I'm rooting for FSU! ...but only to knock Clemson down a bit from their ranking. :P

OK, Gators! Let's get ready for FSU and LSU (or Bama)! but hold on! ...you gotta get past the Gamecocks and FAU first! :S (not betting)

Bama 30 LSU 16

THAT... was an asswhupping from HELL. And I could not be any more prouder of Bama's defense. Holy fuck. Fournette came in averaging 193 yards a game, and he got shut the fuck down, hard until a late 4th quarter TD with the game out of reach.

Big Derrick Henry wore those asses out, going over 200 yards and 3 TDs.

Roll Tide. 5 in a row. Better luck next year, Tigers.

That's the Bama I want to see the rest of this season.

B|

Man... I was really hoping for Alabama to see Ohio State in the playoffs because well, you know payback's a motherfucker.

But to see Ohio State finally play somebody good, and they fucking choked, I can't complain. And Ezekiel Elliott showed his true colors in the aftermath. B|

And LSU? They've lost three in a row for the first time since Gerry Dinardo's final year in 1999 (which incidentally led to LSU hiring Nick Saban from Michigan State).

What say you? You think Les Miles is finished? Fournette's Heisman chances are toast and all three losses were by 2 to 3 TDs each. They have been absolutely manhandled all month. I'd feel a bit sad if Les Miles was let go. It's fun watching him blow games by a myriad of ways, whether it's clock management at the end of games, or gambling and losing, or trying to make a dual threat QB play an I-formation that doesn't suit his talents best, like he's done the last several years. Maybe he just needs to quit eating grass. LSU fans have been calling for his head since Bama obliterated them.

Oklahoma State lost at home to Baylor and their 3rd string QB. Ouch. Baylor may be starting to look a bit like Ohio State last year, but they are going to need Oklahoma to lose to Oklahoma State in the Bedlam game next week to have any chance of winning the conference title (a CFB playoff committee preference). Oh and they'll need Notre Dame to lose at Stanford too (most likely will happen).

The Heisman is likely Derrick Henry's to lose, and I'm pretty sure Auburn is going to sell out to stop the run game. I don't think you can shut Henry down all 4 quarters. He keeps going hard and doesn't get tired. You wanna tackle that big sumbitch who's 6'-3" and 245 lbs who runs a 4.5 40, when you're tired and he's not? Good luck with that.

As good of a season the Florida Gators have had in McElwain's first season as head coach (10-1), they are looking like the worst offense in the SEC East. Play like that against Bama's defense, don't expect to even score. I see the same issues in the Gators' offense as in LSU's. Treon Harris would be a better fit in a spread offense than in the Gators' pro-style offense, but he's all they've got after starting QB Will Grier (a pro-style QB) was suspended a full calendar for a failed drug test. Still, getting taken to OT by Florida Atlantic University? Come on....

I'd think SEC East schools will want to avoid scheduling Georgia Southern, don't you think? They beat Florida in the Swamp two years ago and took Georgia to OT yesterday. All this after running over 300 yards against Bama's vaunted defense in 2011 which averaged 71 yards per game allowed rushing, and prompted the now viral NSFW Saban rant last week - "They ran through our asses like shit through a tin horn man, and we could not stop them. We could not stop them. Could not stop them..."

I thought that rant was hilarious, and it got the team's attention too. B|

The next couple weeks are going to be crazy. :)

Well, the regular season is just about in the books, except for a few Big 12 games (no conference title game)

The college football playoff picture has gotten a lot clearer, though there could be more chaos if there are upsets in some of the conference championship games this Saturday.

#1 Clemson plays 1-loss North Carolina in the ACC title game.
#2 Alabama plays Florida in the SEC title game.
#3 Oklahoma is done.
#4 Iowa plays #5 Michigan State in the Big 10 title game.

The PAC 12 conference is going to get left out with their top team being 2-loss Stanford playing 3-loss USC in their conference title game.

Clemson and North Carolina could be a good game. I wouldn't be shocked if North Carolina wins it. They've won 11 straight after a season-opening loss in the final minute against a bad South Carolina team. Still, I believe Clemson wins by at least 2 TDs.

I do not think there is a snowball's chance in hell of Florida springing the upset on Alabama in the SEC title game, with the way the Gators have played on offense since the first game of November. They've got a top 5 or top 10 defense, and that can keep the game close, for a while. Problem is, Bama's defense is better. The way both teams have played the last month, Florida shouldn't even be able to score any points on offense. Bama's RB Derrick Henry, the front-runner for the Heisman trophy, is 203 yards away from cracking the 2000 yard mark and 2 TD's away from breaking the SEC record for most rushing TDs in a season. I think he'll get both marks against the Gators.

Iowa and Michigan State, I don't know what to think of these two. Iowa has played a ridiculously easy schedule and won every one of their games quietly. Michigan State has not impressed me through the season, plodding through several games they should have won by a lot more points than they did, but they did beat Ohio State on the road with a last second FG after playing with their back up QB. It's just hard to get a gauge on them since they lost to a bad Nebraska team. I'd probably give the edge to Michigan State but Iowa could most likely win too.

Oklahoma came on like gangbusters after losing to the worst Texas Longhorn team I've EVER seen, but... who the hell plays defense in the Big 12? They're still a real threat to any of the other playoff contenders though.

Last but not least, I have to leave a couple digs to the Auburn program here after the Iron Bowl last Saturday. :ph34r:

Re: [BillyVance] You know college football is here when....

When BV makes posts that are more than 5 words long.:)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun