wmw999

Vultures of Walmart

Obviously I don't spend enough time online :P. This happened last week, about 15 miles from where I live, and I had to hear about it on NPR this morning! I guess the local paper is a little too high-toned (well, small) for this kind of story.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Obviously I don't spend enough time online :P. This happened last week, about 15 miles from where I live, and I had to hear about it on NPR this morning! I guess the local paper is a little too high-toned (well, small) for this kind of story.

Wendy P.

The People of Walmart always amuse me. I just spent my vacation in the backwoods country of FL and GA where my ancestors lived in the 1800's. Many of those counties are still the least populated in those states. I spent days going thru records in small county courthouses in swamp country. In many of those small towns... it seemed like the only viable place to shop for food or other needed items was WalMart. I have some of my distant cousins on my FB account and one of them posted this story a day or so ago
Walmart Attic is the place to be

muff528

According to some of the comments, that story is fake. What's sad is that it is believable!

What I find unbelievable is learning that you read "gatorcountry" !! :D:D

You do know I am a Floridian right... in fact... our family fought in the Seminole Wars.... and are Florida Pioneers since they were residents before it was a state. A couple family lines were there before it was even American... but Spanish.

I have a whole lot of kinfolk all over the state.... that is why I chose to live 3000 miles away;)
Edited to add I was in Florida back in OCT looking for records of dead ancestors.. in Blountstown....Calhoun County and Bristol.. Liberty County where they lived in the 1830's-1840's and then Mayo....Lafayette County where the surviving family lived after THE WAR

I went to Florida and I bit a gator.....

muff528

Yeah, I knew you were from Florida. Good looking menu. Except for the frog legs. They're OK, but I can do without.

When we spent summers at the family fish camp.... we gigged hundreds of ole bull frogs. Most times nowadays it is damn near impossible to find a decent sized frog out this way... SO... I appreciate finding some on the menu... and that plate was yummy. I also enjoyed finding GRITS on the menus in most places we went... I love me some grits.... once in a while.... that stuff is rough on a good diet. I will say... the people of Walmart across the region.. certainly looked like they enjoyed WAY too many carbs.. and all that deep fried fare..... that stuff just ain't all that great for ya.
I almost had no red meat the whole time I was down there... but I did enjoy the massive quantities of dead animal parts of so many species that came from the sea while I was down there.;)

muff528

According to some of the comments, that story is fake. What's sad is that it is believable!

I saw that story on a different site, which is well known for fake stories. I can't remember the url, but looking down the list of stories, I couldn't help but just laugh at the ridiculous headlines... national enquirer-like.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***According to some of the comments, that story is fake. What's sad is that it is believable!

I saw that story on a different site, which is well known for fake stories. I can't remember the url, but looking down the list of stories, I couldn't help but just laugh at the ridiculous headlines... national enquirer-like.

Is it bad that when I saw the story I thought of some DIZZIE posters???;)

Amazon

******According to some of the comments, that story is fake. What's sad is that it is believable!

Is it bad that when I saw the story I thought of some DIZZIE posters???;)

Didn't everyone?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun