virgin-burner

doggie's dying..

Hang in there....

Losing our fur friends is always a sad time in our lives... I just went thru it again this year. My 17 year old kitty who died a couple weeks ago... She like all my other pets who have passed..... is under a new blueberry bush :(

I'm sorry you have to go through this. It sounds like it's time for her to go through this, and I know she'll be comforted and calm with you there. She'll be in her sleep, surrounded by family.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

we were accompagnied by my mom, when as soon as the vet started injecting the stuff.. doggie was gone. it was really quick.

brought her to the crematory yesterday, will pick up her ashes tomorrow.

:(

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My heart goes out to you. It's one ofTHE hardest decision to make as a pet caretaker. But it's also the most important.

It comes with the territory however. I don't understand why, but the 2 animals we are closest to (cats & dogs) both only live about 1/7 of our lifetimes. Sometimes they go naturally, but often we need to make the decision that "it's time."

Good on you for taking someone along. The first trip without them is the hardest.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ashes are home, on the shelf with candles, her necklace, the leash, her tennisballs and her squeaky thing. and the urn. i think that's kind of weird, but she's home and close to me, so, go fuck yourself whoever thinks i'm a weirdo. just wait until i start to take hits on the stuff!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

virgin-burner

ashes are home, on the shelf with candles, her necklace, the leash, her tennisballs and her squeaky thing. and the urn. I think that's kind of weird, but she's home and close to me, so, go fuck yourself whoever thinks i'm a weirdo. just wait until I start to take hits on the stuff!

We each grieve in our own way. Nothing weird about it. I still have Skyler's collar (harness actually) and favorite toy (stuffed squeaky cow). I don't plan on getting rid of them.

Lots of cultures buried their important people with a lot of belongings. Supposedly to "accompany them to the afterlife", but those people had to know that the stuff stayed right there.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My wife still has the ashes of her 19 year old cat "Patch" up on the bookshelf. She grew up with him, and he came to live with us during our first year of marriage before we had to put him down.

I figure if my wife dies (she wants cremation as well), we'll just throw the cat in with her. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

virgin-burner

ashes are home, on the shelf with candles, her necklace, the leash, her tennisballs and her squeaky thing. and the urn. i think that's kind of weird, but she's home and close to me, so, go fuck yourself whoever thinks i'm a weirdo. just wait until i start to take hits on the stuff!

Who is anyone to judge? Whatever works, buddy... These things are hard. More hugs going out to you. Hope the silence in the house is not too deafening... [:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

kh286

sorry for your loss :(

gruess kusi

(no more FB?)

hö, kusi! fb wott en uswiis vo mer, sölled mer a de fuddibäggli schmöcke, sie glaubed mer wohl ned dass ech "CrazySwiss" heisse. jäno. mache glaubs en neue account.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

wolfriverjoe

***ashes are home, on the shelf with candles, her necklace, the leash, her tennisballs and her squeaky thing. and the urn. I think that's kind of weird, but she's home and close to me, so, go fuck yourself whoever thinks i'm a weirdo. just wait until I start to take hits on the stuff!

We each grieve in our own way. Nothing weird about it. I still have Skyler's collar (harness actually) and favorite toy (stuffed squeaky cow). I don't plan on getting rid of them.

Lots of cultures buried their important people with a lot of belongings. Supposedly to "accompany them to the afterlife", but those people had to know that the stuff stayed right there.

yea. i miss her lots. :(
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

BillyVance

My wife still has the ashes of her 19 year old cat "Patch" up on the bookshelf. She grew up with him, and he came to live with us during our first year of marriage before we had to put him down.

I figure if my wife dies (she wants cremation as well), we'll just throw the cat in with her. ;)

put the wife in with the cat. you have that urn already! ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda