Nataly

Deep throat...

FlyingRhenquest

I seem to recall a discussion that we initially thought they didn't do that much and occasionally got infected, so we'd take 'em out at the drop of a hat. Later on we realized that they're actually useful for something (I forget what,) and stopped taking them out so often. Now they only take them out if they have severe enough problems to warrant it.

A physiology book I was reading sometime back mentioned that tonsils generally atrophy after puberty, leading experts to believe they are probably only useful prior to puberty.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I seem to recall a discussion that we initially thought they didn't do that much and occasionally got infected, so we'd take 'em out at the drop of a hat. Later on we realized that they're actually useful for something (I forget what,) and stopped taking them out so often. Now they only take them out if they have severe enough problems to warrant it.

A physiology book I was reading sometime back mentioned that tonsils generally atrophy after puberty, leading experts to believe they are probably only useful prior to puberty.

My poor mom was heartbroken when I told her I was getting the surgery... When I was 6, I had painful and recurring ear infections and the doctors removed my adenoïds. They wanted to also remove my tonsils - just in case - and my mom said no to the tonsils, thinking it was an unnecessary additional procedure. Well, the adenoïdectomy cured me of ear infections but I was then plagued by painful and recurring tonsilitis...

My mom was right that tonsils should not be removed for no reason as a mere preventative measure. In fact, they probably did me a lot of good until they started acting up (in my teens, if I recall correctly).

Anyhoo, long story short, I got it done under pretty ideal conditions, in a country that has excellent health care... Can't really complain much :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Fuuuuuuuuuck... I was in a world of pain this morning... :SB|

Meds took ages to kick in but pain under control now. Whoa that was BAD... I was told days 3-4 might be like this but it was going so well thusfar I kinda thought it was exaggerated. But yeah... Mind-numbing pain to the point I thought I would puke - not fun. [:/] Head throbbing, jaw aching, ears hurt like mad, and most of all the throat - ohhhhhhhh the throat.

Meds + hot bath + plenty of water + cold apple sauce and some cuddles all helped, methinks. Wow. Should all be worth it in the end, but wow.

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Bump!

Emergency op today to re-cauterize as the wounds were hemorageing... Was drinking/choking on my blood - bleurk!

Turns out the pain (and the dead-rat-breath) was because it was infected. So cleaned/fixed it all and put me on antibiotics for next 6 days.

Rough day but feeling heaps better now B|

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Bump!

Emergency op today to re-cauterize as the wounds were hemorageing... Was drinking/choking on my blood - bleurk!

Turns out the pain (and the dead-rat-breath) was because it was infected. So cleaned/fixed it all and put me on antibiotics for next 6 days.

Rough day but feeling heaps better now B|

We told you it was too soon to try that.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Every time I see this thread bumped, seeing the title makes me wonder why it's not in SC yet.
;)

Because there is nothing controvertial about a tonsillectomy :D:D:P:)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

godfrog

for the time being if I were you I would avoid eating dead rats...at least until you have healed up...

Lolol !!! The smell was due to the infection... Am now on anti-biotics and a higher dose of pain meds following a second emergency operation to re-cauterize the wounds. (Severe bleeding yesterday morning.)

Just left hospital again. Under strict instructions to stay in bed and do NOTHING.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

normiss

That depends on what one means by "nothing".
One of my favorite married couples uses that term for when they are actually doing "something". :P

Haha - he is under strict instructions NOT to shake me around!! :D:D:ph34r:

Which has been agony, but to be honest I do NOT want any more pain than I already have so we are both behaving... :S:|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

alicepattinson

***Well, I'm getting my tonsils removed in about an hour... Not looking forward to it much, but I know one person who is rejoicing!!! :D:D:ph34r:

Why are your tonsils removed anyway? lol!! want to know. hihihi

Recurring infections. On a regular basis my whole life and more recently for the past 6 months :SB| I always thought swollen tonsils was a symptom your body was fighting some kind of problem... But as it turns out, it's the other way around - it's simply my tonsils that are fucked and have been causing me problems for years and years and years... :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***That depends on what one means by "nothing".
One of my favorite married couples uses that term for when they are actually doing "something". :P

Haha - he is under strict instructions NOT to shake me around!! :D:D:ph34r:

Which has been agony, but to be honest I do NOT want any more pain than I already have so we are both behaving... :S:|

Slow and steady wins the race.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nataly

Feeling pretty great, actually! Maybe that's because I was expecting excruciating pain and actually it's not so bad! :D:D Just a bit tired and it hurts to swallow but it doesn't hurt as bad as it has been hurting for the past few months. So all good B|

Bump!

WOW... Now can't believe I wrote this... Nearly 3 weeks after the surgery now... Yesterday was the first day where I felt well following the second emergency operation. In the two weeks following surgery I ate a grand total of one little jar of baby food (apple sauce)... I lost nealy 20 lbs and only weighed 122 in the first place (ie - before the surgery). I'm a little over 5'6" so for me 103 lbs is very skinny. But hell I just could NOT eat anything.

Horrible operation. Horrible. No regrets but DAYUM I'm glad it's all over. :SB|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Ugh! Losing weight at that rate doesn't sound healthy.[:/]

On the upside, now is the perfect time to buy a wingsuit. You can take it outside, tie a string to your cheststrap, and let your BF fly you like a kite. The learning curve will go much faster w/o the time-consuming pack jobs, and expensive plane rides.;)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

On the upside, now is the perfect time to buy a wingsuit. You can take it outside, tie a string to your cheststrap, and let your BF fly you like a kite. The learning curve will go much faster w/o the time-consuming pack jobs, and expensive plane rides.;)

:D:D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

ryoder

It surely isn't... And I feel weak and crappy even thought I started eating again. My stomach shrank so much I have to eat very small portions several times a day, because for the time being I am incapable of having a regular amount of food. I'm certain the weight will come back pretty quickly but starving like that really does a number on your body. Not good. I will NEVER understand anorexia - it was fucking torture, and being this thin is NOT attractive. Lucky for me Xmas is coming up :D:P

The weirdest thing was I didn't poop for more than 2 weeks. Well, it's not so weird because there was no food to get rid of but it certainly *felt* strange...!

:D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss