promise5

Amazing Christmas!!!!

Christmas dinner with a friend of mine. She didn't like that my brine was so salty, so she tried one with a lower salt concentration and a longer soak. It was a bit dryer than mine, but still well within the definition of good turkey. I made some roast garlic mashed potatoes, she made some dressing and cranberry sauce. Between the two of us, we seem to have the roast turkey dinner sorted. We're planning to try sushi and roast beef (At different times, though there might be some seared beef sushi,) in the near future.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Sitting around at my brother's with some friends of his discussing everything, up to and including the sustainability implications and problems of humans being the size of chickens (yeah, you had to be there). Lots of laughs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

promise5

Bounced a ball off my sister in laws face !!!!!!

Does she get a lot of balls bounced off her face? :S

We had great Christmas too. With the empty nest thing going, we planned doing the Jewish Christmas, Chinese food and a movie. But all the Chinese restaurants in town were closed. :D

We ended up doing Jack-in-the-Box and a movie. Funny thing, there were quite a few couples at JITB. :D

Merry Christmas, y'all. :)

Walked some doggies at the local shelter, saw a movie, then had a lovey dinner with my sweetie.

Tried a new pickled cabbage recipe that called for chili paste. Didn't have any, so used Sriracha instead. Great combo of flavors with the vinegar. Added apples and white onion as well. Good that meal, even better the next day for breakfast.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

My entire family was reunited for the first time in about 20 years... Aunts, uncles, cousins, bothers, sisters... It was pretty magical (and a little bit fucked up!!! :D:D:P).

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

My entire family was reunited for the first time in about 20 years... Aunts, uncles, cousins, bothers, sisters... It was pretty magical (and a little bit fucked up!!! :D:D:P).

It's ok.. you can run away back to Europe when its over.

I only needed to put about 3000 miles betwixt my relatives... and myself. It has worked wonderfully for me:)

Nataly

Oh wow, that's great. B|

As parents of 4 kids, scattered across the country, we've come to really appreciate the times we have them all together. This was our first "empty nest" Christmas.