dzdiva

What did you learn this year?

I learned:
....How to find a peace that I never knew existed.
....Going back to school at my age is harder than I thought it would be. :D
....To rediscover my passion for writing.B|
....That some people deserve a second look, (even after 20+ yrs) and that you might just see each other in a whole different light.B|:)
....That lifting weights is much better than lifting cheesesteak subs!:o:D
....That my dad is not invincible, but he's still my Superman! You can beat this!!!!:)
Wishing you all nothing but the best in 2016!:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

The new ones have no features I need, and unless I get a 5s, it would require spending even more money on a new Otterbox.

Now here is where it really gets weird. My dead phone is subject to 2 free replacements:
1. The sleep/wake switch.
2. The battery.

I never bothered with #1 because it was not causing problems. I just learned about the battery replacement yesterday when I was googling to see how hard it was to replace myself since it was losing charge rapidly recently. Now here is where it really gets funny:

Earlier today I called Apple and made an appt to take it in to the local store for the new switch and battery. Then a few hours later it died. I suspect the issue is more than just a bad battery, since it isn't even recognized when I plug it into the Mac.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

LOL!! Happy New Year sweetie.:)
I wonder if the old saying "Those that can't...teach" applies to that!:P:D

Ryoder: It's a racket!! Especially with those guys!;)

P5: True dat!:D

OW6: So very true.[:/] Feel better.

That in our constant search for convenience so that we can maximize enjoyment, we undervalue the effort required to make our lives -- little things like cooking, cleaning (ick), and gardening. We don't fill all that found time with value-add, where the original (yes, sometimes boring) activities are value-add.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ryoder

The new ones have no features I need, and unless I get a 5s, it would require spending even more money on a new Otterbox.

Now here is where it really gets weird. My dead phone is subject to 2 free replacements:
1. The sleep/wake switch.
2. The battery.

I never bothered with #1 because it was not causing problems. I just learned about the battery replacement yesterday when I was googling to see how hard it was to replace myself since it was losing charge rapidly recently. Now here is where it really gets funny:

Earlier today I called Apple and made an appt to take it in to the local store for the new switch and battery. Then a few hours later it died. I suspect the issue is more than just a bad battery, since it isn't even recognized when I plug it into the Mac.

My iPhone 5 was also on the recal list for replacement battery. After the battery replacement, I also had probs charging or it being recognised when plugged to computer via lightning cable. Went back to Apple and they agreed that battery/charging issue had knock-on affects; so replaced it with a new phone.

Give it a try with Apple again.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

dzdiva

It's alive!!!
After many hours plugged into a charger, it finally woke up showing 9% charge and is continuing to charge.
I'm going to keep it plugged into to a portable battery pack when I take it in for repair so I can prove it really does work. With a (FREE!) new battery, it should be good for another 3 years.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"What did you learn this year?"

That being 70 is not so bad after all. I certified as a scuba diver and went swimming with sharks and giant manta rays. Oh, and the wingsuit world record.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

That being 70 is not so bad after all. I certified as a scuba diver and went swimming with sharks and giant manta rays. Oh, and the wingsuit world record.

You rock!!!B|:)

kallend

Well, the recently late Lemmy Kilmister said "If you think you are too old to rock and roll, then you are."

Obviously, you aren't Professor.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

It's alive!!!
After many hours plugged into a charger, it finally woke up showing 9% charge and is continuing to charge.
I'm going to keep it plugged into to a portable battery pack when I take it in for repair so I can prove it really does work. With a (FREE!) new battery, it should be good for another 3 years.;)

Update from my trip to the Apple store today:

Bad news: The free battery replacement covered by Apple was only good up to 3 years of the retail sale date. That was yesterday.>:(

The good news: The *store* decided to give me a *new* phone *free*.:)

ryoder

It's alive!!!
Nice!

Update from my trip to the Apple store today:

Bad news: The free battery replacement covered by Apple was only good up to 3 years of the retail sale date. That was yesterday.>:(

The good news: The *store* decided to give me a *new* phone *free*.:)

wmw999

That in our constant search for convenience so that we can maximize enjoyment, we undervalue the effort required to make our lives -- little things like cooking, cleaning (ick), and gardening. We don't fill all that found time with value-add, where the original (yes, sometimes boring) activities are value-add.

I learned that less is more, that throwing out and simplifying is liberating.

I learned that Yoga is really, really good for my back and I intend to do it more and more.

I learned that gullible is NOT painted on the ceiling. :S

I think I'm slowly learning that is rather have the knowledge that I've gained, than the youth that I've lost. As long as I keep my body in working shape. And yes, yoga rules for that.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)