keithbar

WTF. with the weather ?

I know I live in Tennessee and that's the South . But on December 26th I'm not supposed to leave work with sweat dripping down the back of my neck and drive home comfortably with the drivers window down and my elbow hanging out:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I know I shouldn't really complain the heating bill has been loving it. if it's any compensation even though it's been warm here its been cloudy rainy s*** jumping weather.:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Between the Christmas lights we decorated with and the A/C running all month, I'm afraid to see our December electric bill! :S

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Between the Christmas lights we decorated with and the A/C running all month, I'm afraid to see our December electric bill! :S

I know. That's supposed to be the cooler month, right? I wonder how my kids are doing in their new place in Cape Coral with that.

Have you and Normiss switched to mostly LED Christmas lights? Although I loved the old school C-9s with the big clear glass bulbs, they sucked the amps. I noticed a big improvement in my holiday electric bill when I made the switch. I still use the standard mini-lights some. I just like they way they look.

Not as many people put up Christmas lights as they used to. I really miss seeing block after block of houses with beautiful decorations and colored lights draped all over. [:/]

JohnMitchell

***Between the Christmas lights we decorated with and the A/C running all month, I'm afraid to see our December electric bill! :S

I know. That's supposed to be the cooler month, right? I wonder how my kids are doing in their new place in Cape Coral with that.

Have you and Normiss switched to mostly LED Christmas lights? Although I loved the old school C-9s with the big clear glass bulbs, they sucked the amps. I noticed a big improvement in my holiday electric bill when I made the switch. I still use the standard mini-lights some. I just like they way they look.

Not as many people put up Christmas lights as they used to. I really miss seeing block after block of houses with beautiful decorations and colored lights draped all over. [:/]

I am digging out all of my old light strands.. and the fake tree that has not been used in 5 years with the lights built in... they are all going to Goodwill today.

I have strands of lights I have not used in years because parts of them will not light up and I am just too damn lazy to go thru hundreds of lights trying to find the one offender causing the issue.
More downsizing ;)

Amazon

I am digging out all of my old light strands.. and the fake tree that has not been used in 5 years with the lights built in... they are all going to Goodwill today.

I have strands of lights I have not used in years because parts of them will not light up and I am just too damn lazy to go thru hundreds of lights trying to find the one offender causing the issue.
More downsizing ;)

You know we're doing the same thing. I threw all my old, corroded C-7 and C-9 lights this year. We have a small artificial tree, pre-lit, and enough ornaments to make it look nice. After decorating, I dropped the leftover ornaments off at the thrift store.

Simplify, simplify. I used to want more storage. Now I want less stuff. :S:D

JohnMitchell

More downsizing ;)

You know we're doing the same thing. I threw all my old, corroded C-7 and C-9 lights this year. We have a small artificial tree, pre-lit, and enough ornaments to make it look nice. After decorating, I dropped the leftover ornaments off at the thrift store.

Simplify, simplify. I used to want more storage. Now I want less stuff. :S:D

Amen to that bro..... I am tired of reshuffling all this crap. I hate it when I can't find something I KNOW I have ... somewhere... but can't find. I hate it when one of our "helpers" moves and arranges our stuff and "organizes" it in some illogical dain bramage idiocy.

Amazon

Amen to that bro..... I am tired of reshuffling all this crap. I hate it when I can't find something I KNOW I have ... somewhere... but can't find. I hate it when one of our "helpers" moves and arranges our stuff and "organizes" it in some illogical dain bramage idiocy.

Is that a new term for "cabana boys"?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

***Between the Christmas lights we decorated with and the A/C running all month, I'm afraid to see our December electric bill! :S

I live in Cape coral also! It's hot!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

skymama

Gah! Where are you? I was in Phoenix last week and it barely broke 70 all week! Clouds and wind screwed up the skydiving, but I still got more jumps in than I would have in Longmont.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Gah! Where are you? I was in Phoenix last week and it barely broke 70 all week! Clouds and wind screwed up the skydiving, but I still got more jumps in than I would have in Longmont.

Central Florida. We've been in a heat wave all month! It's been awful and it makes me sad to be cheated out of being able to wear pants.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have you and Normiss switched to mostly LED Christmas lights?

Yes. I've been going to the half-off sales every December 26th to change our inventory. I think we're all good now. I'm not thrilled about the blue cast that the cool white lights have, but the energy savings is worth it. And, I agree that hardly anyone puts lights up now. Bummer!

skymama

Yes. I've been going to the half-off sales every December 26th to change our inventory. I think we're all good now. I'm not thrilled about the blue cast that the cool white lights have, but the energy savings is worth it. And, I agree that hardly anyone puts lights up now. Bummer!

I wanted to get 1 strand of the clear, white C-9s while on sale but I didn't see any left. I like those for stringing up for outdoor lighting at barbecues, etc. Make great party lights.

skymama

Central Florida. We've been in a heat wave all month! It's been awful and it makes me sad to be cheated out of being able to wear pants.

Wow, damn. With the 20 degree days since I got back to Colorado, I'm already ready to head to Phoenix again. They're in the weather sweet spot right now, I guess.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

We've had torrential rainstorms in Tulsa for three days followed by a snow topping today (1/2").

I've spent the past two days outside in 22-33 degree weather sloshing around with a 2" submersible pump.

If SkyRaven didn't have the vet clinic; I think we'd be in Florida by now. :)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Wow...
whether the weather will weather us....or NOT ,,,
is the big topic of conversation around here ;)
looks Like NOT ... at least through the REST of This year B|

Dec 31st ,, and the lawns are still green,, ( we got a small burst of snow a few nights ago,,,which has Now all melted ) In fact lettuce from seed,,, which I scattered in my garden in May,,, has recently sprouted and I can Pick a small handful of fresh salad fixings ANY day now....!!!

It HAS been getting cold enough at night for the Ski places to make snow,,,,, so my friends and family who Like to ski will SOON be able.......
Not sure what 2016 will bring ......except for the fact that in about 75 Days or so....we hope to be in Fitzgerald Ga. !!!!!!
every day, from now til then, which remains snow free and above freezing,,,, will be OK by Me.....:)Happy 2016 to Alll.....

B|

jimmytavino

Wow...
whether the weather will weather us....or NOT ,,,
is the big topic of conversation around here ;)
looks Like NOT ... at least through the REST of This year B|

Dec 31st ,, and the lawns are still green,, ( we got a small burst of snow a few nights ago,,,which has Now all melted ) In fact lettuce from seed,,, which I scattered in my garden in May,,, has recently sprouted and I can Pick a small handful of fresh salad fixings ANY day now....!!!

It HAS been getting cold enough at night for the Ski places to make snow,,,,, so my friends and family who Like to ski will SOON be able.......
Not sure what 2016 will bring ......except for the fact that in about 75 Days or so....we hope to be in Fitzgerald Ga. !!!!!!
every day, from now til then, which remains snow free and above freezing,,,, will be OK by Me.....:)Happy 2016 to Alll.....

B|

Plenty of snow in our mountains Jimmy... and even here in the foothills of the Cascades... it is right chilly outside right now... 18 F here at the house... but the fire in the woodstove is making it right comfy here in my little hovel in the woods.
http://mtbaker.us/snow-report