BillyVance

Alabama vs Clemson for all the marbles and the big trophy

Fess up, I know there were people who didn't think Alabama would make it this far. :P Especially not after losing to Ole Miss in game 3. This team has been on a mission, the team leaders have taken on leadership roles and the rest of the team have bought in and have done their jobs. Sometimes with amazing results.

I didn't see that 38-0 woodshed whipping of Michigan State coming. :o But... That... Was... Awesome... B|

MSU QB Connor Cook was seen mouthing "they're fucking everywhere!" regarding Bama's defense. And Derrick Henry's stiff-arm on MSU's defensive end on his 4th quarter TD was sick. B|

The most under-rated QB of the four playoff teams, Jake Coker, only made 25 of 30 passes for almost 300 yards and a couple TDs, including a couple 50 yard bombs to true frosh Calvin Ridley.

This team can beat you any which way they want to, just take what the other team gives them.

Hat's off to Clemson. They're not 14-0 for a reason. That's a really good team. It's gonna be a great game. Well, we all hope so. I don't mind another Bama blow-out, and I know Bama's capable of it with that defense. But Clemson's offense will keep it close. The matchup to watch is Bama's offense vs Clemson's defense.

Can't wait. And for all you Bama haters and SEC haters (8-2 in bowls) you can choke on that, slapnuts. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Don't count me as a Bama hater. I respect the school's ability to year after year field a championship contender and know the 2015 team is perfectly capable of rolling to another championship a week from now. But as a casual fan with no stake in either side, you have to understand why people cheer against the same team/person who wins all the time regardless of what sport they are competing in. It's not hard to understand why some people want to see someone else win for a change. With that said, all the 2016 New Years bowl games were a total let down. Who wants to watch blow out after blow out, but that was all we saw this year. It was boring. I want to see competitive close games which goes down to the wire. So next week while I will be cheering for the Tigers because I want to see someone else win for a change, actually what I will be doing is hoping for a close game. If it turns out to be a blown out, I won't watch it regardless of who is winning.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

BillyVance

Fess up, I know there were people who didn't think Alabama would make it this far. :P Especially not after losing to Ole Miss in game 3. This team has been on a mission, the team leaders have taken on leadership roles and the rest of the team have bought in and have done their jobs. Sometimes with amazing results.

I didn't see that 38-0 woodshed whipping of Michigan State coming. :o But... That... Was... Awesome... B|

MSU QB Connor Cook was seen mouthing "they're fucking everywhere!" regarding Bama's defense. And Derrick Henry's stiff-arm on MSU's defensive end on his 4th quarter TD was sick. B|

The most under-rated QB of the four playoff teams, Jake Coker, only made 25 of 30 passes for almost 300 yards and a couple TDs, including a couple 50 yard bombs to true frosh Calvin Ridley.

This team can beat you any which way they want to, just take what the other team gives them.

Hat's off to Clemson. They're not 14-0 for a reason. That's a really good team. It's gonna be a great game. Well, we all hope so. I don't mind another Bama blow-out, and I know Bama's capable of it with that defense. But Clemson's offense will keep it close. The matchup to watch is Bama's offense vs Clemson's defense.

Can't wait. And for all you Bama haters and SEC haters (8-2 in bowls) you can choke on that, slapnuts. :)

Actually, Billy, most people just don't really give a flying swoopstick.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

CanuckInUSA

Don't count me as a Bama hater. I respect the school's ability to year after year field a championship contender and know the 2015 team is perfectly capable of rolling to another championship a week from now. But as a casual fan with no stake in either side, you have to understand why people cheer against the same team/person who wins all the time regardless of what sport they are competing in. It's not hard to understand why some people want to see someone else win for a change. With that said, all the 2016 New Years bowl games were a total let down. Who wants to watch blow out after blow out, but that was all we saw this year. It was boring. I want to see competitive close games which goes down to the wire. So next week while I will be cheering for the Tigers because I want to see someone else win for a change, actually what I will be doing is hoping for a close game. If it turns out to be a blown out, I won't watch it regardless of who is winning.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Alabama has been called the Empire, Dark Force, etc and Saban has been called Darth Vader or Nick Satan, etc... I get it. That's why I added the choke on it comment.

I will admit this, and Saban has already said it himself, it's impossible to maintain this level of excellence for too long. But I'd think even HE didn't think he'd have Bama competing year after year for this long already. He works harder than any other college coach. Recruits harder than anybody else, and his staff works hard for him as well, and they're able to get the best out of their players, and the results speak for themselves.

I'm not guaranteeing a Bama victory over Clemson. Clemson looks like a more complete team than Bama's three prior national title opponents, and obviously the most dangerous offense of all four, for sure. Bama's got their work cut out for them. And by the same token, Clemson has NOT faced a defense as fast, as big, as strong, and as DEEP as the one Bama will field against the Tigers. You need a really good dual threat QB and supporting cast of talented players to go head to head against that kind of defense, and I believe Clemson's got it.

What Clemson does not have is depth across the board, especially on defense. Can they still beat Bama? Yes. Play the best they can, get a timely turnover and force Bama to play from behind, they've got a chance.

I wouldn't bet against QB Jake Coker though. He's proven a lot of people wrong this year.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

normiss

Yup.
That, and bama fans are the worst.
:):P

Every school's got fans they're not proud of. :P

I can't stand LSU fans. They've got some really bad ones.

I'm laughing at the twitter feed of some of the Clemson fans this week who are absolutely positive that their team is going to wipe the field with Bama and won't listen to reason.

Same thing happened before the Notre Dame national title game. Had this dude say the same thing over and over and over. I kept saying "wait and see". BOOM. 42-14, and I'm telling him "I told you so" and he blocks me. :D

normiss

Thanks for confirming my point.
:P

As much shit as I put up with from opposing fans, it makes it that much sweeter when Bama stomps their teams. So sue me. B|

BillyVance

***Thanks for confirming my point.
:P

As much shit as I put up with from opposing fans, it makes it that much sweeter when Bama stomps their teams. So sue me. B|

I know someone who can.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

CanuckInUSA

In the '70s, it was, "Those fucking Army guys. They don't even pay for their jumps."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Niki1

***Don't count me as a Bama hater. I respect the school's ability to year after year field a championship contender and know the 2015 team is perfectly capable of rolling to another championship a week from now. But as a casual fan with no stake in either side, you have to understand why people cheer against the same team/person who wins all the time regardless of what sport they are competing in. It's not hard to understand why some people want to see someone else win for a change. With that said, all the 2016 New Years bowl games were a total let down. Who wants to watch blow out after blow out, but that was all we saw this year. It was boring. I want to see competitive close games which goes down to the wire. So next week while I will be cheering for the Tigers because I want to see someone else win for a change, actually what I will be doing is hoping for a close game. If it turns out to be a blown out, I won't watch it regardless of who is winning.

In the '70s, it was, "Those fucking Army guys. They don't even pay for their jumps."

I have an autographed Golden Knights 8 way team picture at home. The two guys on it that did a lot of east coast big ways that I jumped on in the 90's, told me they think of it as more of like a scholarship. They are good dudes.

Only issue I had was they could offer demo jumps at major events for free, paid for by taxpayers. So a lot of us civilians got shut out of them. I wasn't happy back then but don't care now since I don't do them anymore.

muff528

***I'll be watching and rooting for 'Bama. Roll Tide!

I've been forced to choke on it the last few years, but again, I also will say ....Roll Tide!

One more post outta that deaf fucker and I'll be rooting for Clemson.B|

turtlespeed

******I'll be watching and rooting for 'Bama. Roll Tide!

I've been forced to choke on it the last few years, but again, I also will say ....Roll Tide!

I won't be offended if you do. After all, your S.O. refuses to root for Bama so... ;)

BillyVance

*********I'll be watching and rooting for 'Bama. Roll Tide!

I won't be offended if you do. After all, your S.O. refuses to root for Bama so... ;)

OK, Your Their loss.:ph34r:

20 things to know about Alabama http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/20-things-you-should-know-about-alabama/ar-AAgrf3l

20 things to know about Clemson http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/20-things-you-should-know-about-clemson/ar-AAgo6nK

It seems to all point to a great game.

I love Dabo Swinney as a person, having been a walk-on WR at Bama and earning a scholarship from coach Gene Stallings and being on the 1992 national title team that destroyed Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Any other team in the national title game, I'd pull for Clemson. But not this Monday night.

both of these teams have fans that travel well, here in SC there is a frenzy of "orange" love, I've never seen so many Clemson fans, they start winning and everyone becomes a fan

in my office there are 4 people going to the game and taking their families, in my company I know of 20ish, for the game in Miami one of them chartered a 747 and sold the seats, the plane was full

it will be interesting to see the amount of red and orange in that stadium, I'm guessing 80% team colors with 50% for each team

for Clemson, they need their best game ever, they haven't played that well this year and certainly haven't played great teams, but good enough to win, if they turn the ball over like they did against USC and other teams they will lose, if AL gets hit with an offsides call like happened to NC when Clemson played them all hell will break loose, bottom line is if AL contains Watson then AL wins

I just hope that there are no fights and the refs don't make a bad call that could change the game, we'll see what game plan is devised and which players show up for the game

on a side note I spoke with an insurance agent in Phoenix yesterday, she said it had been raining a lot, unusual for Phoenix, both teams will feel at home
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Heard on ESPN this am that there is an NCAA rule which allows teams from schools currently going to class to practice 20 hours a week. There is no limit for those teams where the school is not going to class.

Clemson is going to class this week. 'Bama is not.

Me thinks the Dean may determine the curriculum, but Nick sets the schedule.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

flyhi

Heard on ESPN this am that there is an NCAA rule which allows teams from schools currently going to class to practice 20 hours a week. There is no limit for those teams where the school is not going to class.

Clemson is going to class this week. 'Bama is not.

Me thinks the Dean may determine the curriculum, but Nick sets the schedule.

Well, Clemson's spring semester started this past Wednesday. Alabama's doesn't start until next Wednesday, two days after the game. The 20 hour rule covers weeks when classes are in session.

This situation happened last year too when Ohio State didn't have to adhere to the 20 hour rule but Oregon did. However, Urban Meyer said they didn't even come close to 20 hours the week before the game with the Ducks. A Buckeye player admitted the rule might have benefited them, but I doubt it. They were just better than Oregon.

But no matter, apparently there was enough griping that the NCAA granted a waiver to Clemson to practice however much they want. Saban already has a set schedule, as part of his patented "The Process". The team took Friday and Saturday off following the Cotton Bowl win, practiced light on Sunday, took Tuesday off, then had full practice Wednesday and Thursday, then a walk-through today before flying out to Arizona.

So, they're not overloading the players, but... the 20 hour rule covers all aspects of team preparation where the coaches interact with the players (field practice, weight training, film study, and game-planning). The actual field practice time this week probably doesn't exceed 10 hours.

billeisele

on a side note I spoke with an insurance agent in Phoenix yesterday, she said it had been raining a lot, unusual for Phoenix, both teams will feel at home

Been raining all week but it will clear up for the game. Just going to be chilly.

BillyVance

20 things to know about Alabama http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/20-things-you-should-know-about-alabama/ar-AAgrf3l

20 things to know about Clemson http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/20-things-you-should-know-about-clemson/ar-AAgo6nK

It seems to all point to a great game.

I love Dabo Swinney as a person, having been a walk-on WR at Bama and earning a scholarship from coach Gene Stallings and being on the 1992 national title team that destroyed Miami in the Sugar Bowl. Any other team in the national title game, I'd pull for Clemson. But not this Monday night.

The only thing ANYONE needs to know is how to avoid that game.