BillyVance

Alabama vs Clemson for all the marbles and the big trophy

cruelpops

Yes... let's all raise our glasses up for the best college team money can buy. Bear Bryant is smiling somewhere.

Bear Bryant would definitely be smiling, but he'd be astounded too. He coached in the pre-scholarship-limits era, meaning he could sign all the good players to keep them away from the other good teams.

He'd be astounded at what Saban's been able to do with 85 scholarship players in this day and age of parity.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Holy motherfucking shit! What a game! Might be one of the top 3 or 4 national title games ever!

Bama wins 45-40. Drama all the way through.

God... it's 1 AM and I still can't sleep!

Great game. Hat's off to Clemson, for never giving up, even after Bama onside kicked it with a 24-24 tie-game, which nobody saw coming. Bama won as a team.

Roll Tide
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Holy motherfucking shit! What a game! Might be one of the top 3 or 4 national title games ever!

Bama wins 45-40. Drama all the way through.

God... it's 1 AM and I still can't sleep!

Great game. Hat's off to Clemson, for never giving up, even after Bama onside kicked it with a 24-24 tie-game, which nobody saw coming. Bama won as a team.

Roll Tide

Bama and GB $$$$$$ ;):P:o
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

turtlespeed

What a game!

It was a good game.

At least it's finally ducking over

What the season or the game is ducking over?

If it's the season you are complaining about, the college football season is no longer or no shorter than any of the other sports. The NFL plays a slightly longer schedule than the NCAA plays and the NHL and NBA play 80+ game 6 month schedules (not counting 1 month of pre-season) followed by 2 months of playoffs. MLB plays a 162 game 6 month season (not counting 1 month of spring training) followed by a 1 month play off. MLS and the various pro soccer leagues in Europe also play long 6 month seasons. Everywhere you look it is pretty much the same in regards to length of season for all of these team sports. In reality it is business entertainment first and sports second.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing the college game shortened a bit. The clock stops so much more in the college game compared to the pro game where college games take about 4 hours to play whereas the pro game on average takes a little more than 3 hours. If they want to stop the clock as much as they do in college I am fine with that. But perhaps go to 12 minute quarters? Or they can just leave it as is, but 4 hours can be painful when one team dominates the other (which wasn't the case last night).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

What a game!

It was a good game.

If it's the season you are complaining about, the college football season is no longer or no shorter than any of the other sports. The NFL plays a slightly longer schedule than the NCAA plays and the NHL and NBA play 80+ game 6 month schedules (not counting 1 month of pre-season) followed by 2 months of playoffs. MLB plays a 162 game 6 month season (not counting 1 month of spring training) followed by a 1 month play off. MLS and the various pro soccer leagues in Europe also play long 6 month seasons. Everywhere you look it is pretty much the same in regards to length of season for all of these team sports. In reality it is business entertainment first and sports second.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing the college game shortened a bit. The clock stops so much more in the college game compared to the pro game where college games take about 4 hours to play whereas the pro game on average takes a little more than 3 hours. If they want to stop the clock as much as they do in college I am fine with that. But perhaps go to 12 minute quarters? Or they can just leave it as is, but 4 hours can be painful when one team dominates the other (which wasn't the case last night).

I was referring to bully's incessant posting about Alabama, and this particular season.
It was shit for my team.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

What a game!

It was a good game.

I was referring to bully's incessant posting about Alabama, and this particular season.
It was shit for my team.

I figured it was the latter that was the cause of your bitterness. Oh, and who's Bully? :P

BillyVance

What a game!

It was a good game.

It was shit for my team.

I figured it was the latter that was the cause of your bitterness. Oh, and who's Bully? :P

Any obsessed Alabama fan.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun