promise5

Giving up coffee. Who's with me?

I used to drink up to 3 Mtn Dews and another 2 or 3 Cokes a day until last July when I quit cold turkey.

I. Don't. Miss. It.

I go to bed when I start feeling tired, and get up at 5:30 or so in the morning and go about my day. I don't need no stinkin' caffiene in any form.

HA! B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

promise5

Day 1 : 5:57am
Going back to bed!!

Hell no. My job (i cannot say where i work or what i do because of a Nondisclosure agreement i have in the entertainment business) means i'm up and about morning, day, and night.

Let's just say i'm involved in the latest and future projects with WB DC Universe.

skybill

I have named it ..."The Black Death Cocktail!!!!"
COFFEE!!!! The Elixer of life!!!!

Espresso, condensed milk and Jose Cuervo Cinnamon Tequila work pretty well. I'm going to try that with Gentleman Jack on of these days, too.

Edit: Quote Fail
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

I have named it ..."The Black Death Cocktail!!!!"
COFFEE!!!! The Elixer of life!!!!

Espresso, condensed milk and Jose Cuervo Cinnamon Tequila work pretty well. I'm going to try that with Gentleman Jack on of these days, too.

Edit: Quote Fail
Hi "N-Q!!"
The "Ta' quill ya'" is another option!!! Any way ya' fix it, you are in for a "Ride!!!" 'Reminds me of the feeling ya' get after a great dive, ya' just let go of the pilot chute, you are a little "high Speed" and the canopy opening is one of those "Mr. Toad's Wild Rides!!!" but it "Opens!!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skymama

Unless my doctor tells me to give it up, there is no way I'll ever join you. Good luck though!

I like that for YEARS researchers have been trying to find something wrong with coffee, causing this cancer or that illness. Nope, nada, zip. I'm glad they're researching and I love their results.

I think I'll go refill my cup now. B|

JohnMitchell

***Unless my doctor tells me to give it up, there is no way I'll ever join you. Good luck though!

I like that for YEARS researchers have been trying to find something wrong with coffee, causing this cancer or that illness. Nope, nada, zip. I'm glad they're researching and I love their results.

I think I'll go refill my cup now. B|

Tea on the other hand . . . Tea kills.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

After Bama won the national title Monday night, I only got 4 hours sleep. Did I get any caffeine? NO. Didn't even have any desire to get any.

I did go to bed at like 8:30 last night though.

My only vice is beer. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Coffee Saves Lives and according to this study it reduces the chance of death by any cause by 1/3. I therefor submit that it should be free. If it can save the life of one skydiver. It should be provided by all DZ operators. I suggest that the stimulative effects bring focus to the coffee drinker vr the non coffee drinker!

The Study:
" according to the study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. These patients were 42 percent less likely to have their cancer return than non-coffee drinkers, and were 33 percent less likely to die from cancer or any other cause.

Two to three cups of coffee daily had a more modest benefit, while little protection was associated with one cup or less, reported the researchers, led by Charles Fuchs, MD, MPH, director of the Gastrointestinal Cancer Center at Dana-Farber. First author is Brendan J. Guercio, MD, also of Dana-Farber.

The study included nearly 1,000 patients who filled out dietary pattern questionnaires early in the study, during chemotherapy and again about a year later. This "prospective" design eliminated patients' need to recall their coffee-drinking habits years later -- a source of potential bias in many observational studies.

"We found that coffee drinkers had a lower risk of the cancer coming back and a significantly greater survival and chance of a cure," Fuchs said. Most recurrences happen within five years of treatment and are uncommon after that, he noted. In patients with stage III disease, the cancer has been found in the lymph nodes near the original tumor but there are no signs of further metastasis. Fuchs said these patients have about a 35 percent chance of recurrence."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/08/150817161201.htm

oldwomanc6

******Day 1 : 5:57am
Going back to bed!!

Who needs coffee? 6-12 Diet Cokes a day does me just fine.

YIKES!

Lab rat material.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jclalor

***Day 1 : 5:57am
Going back to bed!!

Who needs coffee? 6-12 Diet Cokes a day does me just fine.

Dood, you're doing your body a huge disservice. That's a lot of Aspartame, which never should be part of human consumption.

http://www.activebeat.co/diet-nutrition/10-reasons-to-avoid-aspartame-at-all-costs/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=AB_BNG_US_DESK&utm_content=search&utm_term=aspartame%20dangers

I know of a couple people who got affected so badly that they got misdiagnosed with a debilitating disease (which I can't remember the name of) but once they quit drinking diet coke, the symptoms eventually went away.

Phillbo

Remove soda products from America's diet and you'll be well towards curing a LOT of health issues. Obesity, Diabetes .....

Indeed. I quit last summer. You left out dental care. :S

Phillbo

Remove soda products from America's diet and you'll be well towards curing a LOT of health issues. Obesity, Diabetes .....

Actually that is a very good point. If someone were hooked on both soft drinks and coffee, I'd recommend that stop using soft drinks first.

I try to void anything with "high fructose corn syrup" as an ingredient.