promise5

Giving up coffee. Who's with me?

oldwomanc6

I gave up caffeine about 15 years ago. The first month sucked BIG TIME! B| This was even after going half-caff for some time.

I don't miss it now, except for iced tea at restaurants. Nobody brews decaf for iced. :(

I also gave it up a long time ago. I never liked the feeling of being addicted or dependent on something and the bitter taste didn't appeal to me that much. It wasn't easy stopping but once I did I was glad it was over.

Try making exercise a part of you early morning routine. That is a healthy alternative.

I did that once. Two weeks of the worst headaches I've ever had, occasional narcolepsy and nightmares. Felt great for a few months until I had to stay up late one night and got the coffee monkey back on my back.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Likewise. I don't regret it at all. Was always pretty sensitive to caffeine; tea and myself is plenty.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

oldwomanc6

What the heck are V8 energy juices?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/409207-is-v8-juice-good-for-you/

Like everything it seems.. too much sugar and carbs for my tastes.

And I am in IT we have 3 major food groups...

CAFFIENE

PIZZA

DOUGHNUTS

And since I have kicked the carb habit.... no pizza or donuts for moi thanks and life without coffee would be a sad sad life.;)

I guess coffee can help me out at the start of the workday, but if I'm busy enough then I just forget to drink it anyway and I can't say I really miss it. I very rarely drink more than one cup a day in any case.

I'd have a much harder time giving up tea. I do love tea.

Arrr! I got the coffee monkey on me back!

If you're going to do it anyway, this is by far the best coffee I've ever had. I order it by the kilogram and it usually sets me back about $60. Last time I ordered some, they didn't have any on hand and roasted a batch up for me the day before I picked it up. Yum!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

oldwomanc6

***Well that didn't last long.:S

:Ddont laugh, I won the over unde pool.

SAWEEEEEET . . . I love money.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

promise5

I love you all to much, so for your safety I'm drinking coffee.
Heaven in a cup !!

Hi Promise,
Give up Coffee????...To an old Sailor??? To someone from S/E Louisiana??? , and You! Have never had one of my Cappuccino's !!!
Make up your Espresso Carafe and sand by!!
Besides Frothing up some Milk,....add
a jigger of Kaluah or another coffee liquor,
a jigger of Irish Creme (Your Brand),
a jigger of "Dark Rum,"
a half jigger of Amaretto or the like...
Froth that up in a 12 oz Beer Mug and pour the whole carafe in the mix!!! You can top it off with some whipped cream, cinnamon and ..."ENJOY!!!
I have named it ..."The Black Death Cocktail!!!!"
COFFEE!!!! The Elixer of life!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out