Twoply

Tampa, Florida

Twoply

Hey all!

A job opportunity came across my sights in Tampa.

Anyone have experience living in the area?

It's a waay long shot, but fun to entertain the idea.

Not for many years. It's a great place to live though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hellbender

Nice place. Your drop zone would be Clewiston, also nice. Within range of Z-Hills.

Say what????:S
Z Hills is less than an hour from Tampa Clewiston is way down by Lake Okeechobee 3 hours away

If you live out East of town like Brandon.. or Temple Terrace... or even a commute from Plant City..... Z hills is VERY close. ( I have so many damn cousins out East of Tampa I always have a guest room in several of them IF I want to visit)

Hellbender

Nice place. Your drop zone would be Clewiston, also nice. Within range of Z-Hills.

Dude, you really need to look at a map before posting.
You have no clue what you are talking about.
There are 4 dzs closer to Tampa than Clewiston
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Florida wasn't a bad place to live, sos long as you don't mind getting hit by a hurricane every few years and weed not being legal there (They'll smoke it anyway.) Helps to have a backup generator and a neighborhood without a HOA (Avoid the condo crabs like the plague!)

I do remember getting pretty badly screwed over on my licence plates, but Colorado's not much better about that.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Tampa is a great town! There's a lot to do, the Gulf beaches are beautiful and it's a nice sized city. There are certain highways you don't be on during rush hour, but you can bypass that by living in one of the suburbs close to where you'll be working. I'm not sure of the cost of living, but I bet you can find that online. We haven't had a hurricane in central FL in ten years (knock on wood). The worst part about the weather is the high heat and humidity!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The east side of Tampa ( Temple Terrace) is less than 30 minutes from Z-Hills and a great place to live. I've been in the Tampa Bay area for quite a while and can give you more specific info any time. Deland is about 2 hours away.

If you dive (SCUBA) the Gulf is close and the East coast of FL, one of the best diving destinations is only 3 hours away. Lots to do and housing is low compared to a lot of the country. I hear though that rent is high. We just don't have mountains !
Dano

Amazon

If you live out East of town like Brandon.. or Temple Terrace... or even a commute from Plant City..... Z hills is VERY close. ( I have so many damn cousins out East of Tampa I always have a guest room in several of them IF I want to visit)

I've lived in Brandon for about 5 years now and Z-Hills is practically right up the road (just get on 301 and go north, or take 75 a few miles). Lake Wales is about an hour down 60 too. Deland is a couple hour drive too.

I like the area, hence why I've stayed. B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

I've lived in Brandon for about 5 years now and Z-Hills is practically right up the road (just get on 301 and go north, or take 75 a few miles). Lake Wales is about an hour down 60 too. Deland is a couple hour drive too.

Man, I miss the Brandon Ale House.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Been meaning to go check that place out, it's only about 5 minutes from my house.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

flyhi

Yes there is either a buttload or a pantload of skydiving in the Tampa AO depending on how you count and whether you use the metric system or not, but this is one of the reasons you want to move or at least visit Tampa.

Their bloody mary comes with bacon in it.

That place is awesome! Great beer selection too.

theonlyski

Been meaning to go check that place out, it's only about 5 minutes from my house.

Ha. Anything in Brandon is only 5 min away.:D:D

turtlespeed

Ha. Anything in Brandon is only 5 min few blocks away.:D:D

FIFY. Sometimes it takes a half hour to drive those few blocks.

muff528

Only at two 45 min time spans during the day.

turtlespeed

Or the month between black Friday and ChristmasB|

theonlyski

Or the month between black Friday and ChristmasB|

That's when you move to plant city.

Gramps had his retirement place south of Plant City on Keystone Road. He had a nice little orange grove and few acres. He kept the boats over at Ruskin so we sailed out of there frequently when we were not up with his cousins at the fish camp in Dixie County.

Too damn many relatives down there. Great Grandmothers family had moved to Tampa after THE WAR with her parents and 6 younger siblings and she married about 1890 and had 12 kids at their homestead there on Palm River.
The last family reunion we had there at Gramps place before he died in 1968 there were something on the order of 450 close relatives.

I'm no expert on Tampa but have visited a few times. Busch Gardens is a decent amusement park/zoo and you can get the resident season's pass. Google maps shows Z-hills 40 minutes away, as close as my home DZ. Lots of sunshine, crazy wild storm watching, some really nice beaches I've been to.

Yeah, I could do Florida. B|

JohnMitchell

I'm no expert on Tampa but have visited a few times. Busch Gardens is a decent amusement park/zoo and you can get the resident season's pass. Google maps shows Z-hills 40 minutes away, as close as my home DZ. Lots of sunshine, crazy wild storm watching, some really nice beaches I've been to.

Yeah, I could do Florida. B|

It's fun to go out to the strawberry fields on hot summer days and watch the clouds form little mini tornados that seem to almost come down to touch, but in reality, probably aren't even really close.