promise5

How long did you know/date your spouse before you got married?

5 years until we decided. We were living together for 4 of them. We've been married about 7 years

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We were a couple immediately upon meeting, were engaged at a year, married 6 months later, and have been married over 32 years. :)
We did not live together before marriage, FWIW, but we did meet naked in a hot tub, because it was too wet to jump. :$

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Known for 13 years, we lived in the same neighborhood since 2nd grade;
Dated for 2 years and 10 months, first date was Homecoming our senior year of high school;
We have been married for 47 years and 5 months.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Two and a half-ish years.

We meet in college in a differential equations class that started at 8 AM in the morning. She was a "chemistry/bio-statistics" major and I was "engineering physics". We didn't start off dating instead were working on homework together.

Then we didn't see each other for a year because we were taking different classes and both very busy. (One thing we both had in common is we both were paying our own way through college without help from family. As a result neither of us partied or dated. We both worked our asses off just trying to survive and get our degrees.)

Then by chance we had a second class together. It was a Math/CS class - an elective on the new program language called Mathmatica, taught by Steve Wolfram, and this class was for beta testing it before release. We did a joint project together. This time, one thing led to another, and we were living together in about 6 months.

When we both were about to graduate from college, she was likely to head to New York and I had a job in Texas waiting for me. So, we had a decision to make. Don't get married and go our separate ways after college or get married and stay together.

I was skydiving by this time and had about 36 jumps. She wasn't a big fan of skydiving. Nor was she a big fan of my motorcycle because of the accident I was in. When we decided to get married, I made her move to Texas with me, and she made me stop skydiving. (The accident took care of the motor cycle).

We are now divorced with two kids. I do ask myself if I would make the same decision again about getting married to her. My answer to that is "yes" just because of the kids. I cannot picture a life without them and would do it all over again just for them.

Started dating early 1998, moved in together mid-1999 in an apartment, bought our house mid-2000, got married October 2000 under the 150 year old oak tree in the front yard in front of 100 guests. Still going.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, it started with him flirting with me on dz.com in 2006, and then there were a lot of twists and turns before he finally decided to marry me in 2014. Our two year anniversary is next month!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

oldwomanc6

We were a couple immediately upon meeting, were engaged at a year, married 6 months later, and have been married over 32 years. :)
We did not live together before marriage, FWIW, but we did meet naked in a hot tub, because it was too wet to jump. :$

Soooo...the first time you two met with clothes on, were you able to recognize each others faces?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.