StoppieJoe

Living on a DZ without a car

So due to a recent series of events I am left without a car. I got a job offer working with one of my home DZs as a Heyboy/Packer starting in March. With this comes a room on the DZ with shower facilities and Laundry facilities ect ect. Its not a super busy DZ so I wont be making much packing, but it will be a good start so that I can go somewhere else with more volume next season. I feel like it is a great opportunity to get back into the skydiving community and it will allow me to work with the Rigger on the DZ to start working towards my Riggers Ticket... My only problem is the car... I could probably get rides into town with others who live on the DZ for things like groceries and what not...But how much of a headache do you think it would be living on a DZ without a vehicle?
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

I was thinking as much. Growing up, I remember my fair share of DZ bums. :P:P I was just wondering if anybody had any advice or anything like that to make it less of a headache.

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

StoppieJoe

I was thinking as much. Growing up, I remember my fair share of DZ bums. :P:P I was just wondering if anybody had any advice or anything like that to make it less of a headache.

Get a bicycle. Bicycles can be gotten pretty cheaply. They're healthy. You can save some money for things that matter, like food.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It depends on several factors.
How close is the DZ to shopping centers and grocery stores? How bicycle friendly is the road from the DZ into town?
How committed are you to showering and smelling okay when you get a ride into town with a fellow skydiver?

I wasn't joking about that last one. :D

I will still be showering on a regular basis. :D:D As far a DZ to town? Its way out there. There is a truckstop within walking distance but thats it. We are on a major highway. I will get it figured out.