nicolesser

Who has jumped a Vision 117 Canopy ?

>Has anyone jumped the Safire 2 , and the Vision, any comparison between both.

The Vision 2 (i.e. the retrimmed version of the Vision) is a better swooping canopy than the Safire 2. It has a steeper glide and a longer recovery arc. Its openings are not quite as good as the Safire 2, but they are not bad by any means - just more Stiletto like than Pilot like.

Comparison to the Crossfire 2 - I like the Crossfire 2 better than the Vision, but that's because I think that the basics (i.e. openings, getting you back and landings) are more important than the swoop. The Vision may be a _slightly_ better swooping canopy than the Crossfire, but I like the Crossfire's flatter glide. Openings are similar.

Overall the Vision is a pretty good intermediate swooping canopy, but if you get one, make sure you get a modified Vision and not one of the originals. The originals had problems with premature stalls on landing.

Thanks a lot for your advise.

I have a spectre 135, which i made 1500 jumps ( on three differents spectre ), before this a jumped a stiletto 150. I tried crossfire 119, is great but a little fast and nervous in landings for me. Also a fell the fron risers more hards than the katana.

Is the Vision 2 also that fast in flairs ? or this canopy is not so radical.

thanks again

nicolas
Orbital Flyer