ryoder

Happy Groundhog Day!

I hear Phil saw his shadow. If it means six more weeks of "winter" like we have today, I'll actually celebrate it. California has had unseasonably warm and dry weather last fall and so far this winter, which (while nice for skydiving) has caused a pretty dire drought condition (not to mention setting my allergies haywire!). But, this morning, we've got a nice light rain, forecast to go through the day. If Phil's right, more moisture could be really good for us.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

xsniper

I am hoping even this Florida winter is short lived....but wishing you guys out west some water somehow. Looks serious.

Dunno where that is. In Longmont we hit 100% snow pack by sometime in December I think. Hopefully whenever it all decides to melt, it doesn't cause epic flooding again. I've had more than enough of that for one century.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

***I am hoping even this Florida winter is short lived....but wishing you guys out west some water somehow. Looks serious.

Dunno where that is. In Longmont we hit 100% snow pack by sometime in December I think. Hopefully whenever it all decides to melt, it doesn't cause epic flooding again. I've had more than enough of that for one century.

He was responding to my comment about California's drought... ALL the way west. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Isn't this whole groundhog day thing really stupid? I mean, it's kind of like that "weather rock" on a string that you buy as a gag gift in a souvenir shop: If it's white, it's snowing; if it's wet, it's raining; if it's wiggling, it's windy. Back to the groundhog. If he sees his shadow, it's sunny; if he doesn't see his shadow, it's cloudy. We don't need a groundhog for that. We can just put a stick in the ground. Can you see the shadow of the stick? Yes or no - that's your forecast. Leave the darned groundhog alone and let him sleep in his burrow.