StoppieJoe

Smoking weed under canopy

Ive been hearing alot about people lighting up and smoking a joint on the way down at Sunset... Is that really common? I feel like that could prove dangerous, Especially under a HP Canopy..
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

billeisele

***Never heard of that, but myself and some friends have enjoyed a beer under canopy... :)

cross country jumps required two beers

I had an extra pocket on each side of my FF pants sewn in for "Additional Cold Hydration Materials"
A-CHM.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A long time ago, we were doing a tight demo from a 182 at a lake in MI. When I say "tight", I mean the landing area was a small empty lot between a couple 2-story houses, and if you missed that, your options were:
a) Lake
b) Woods
There was nothing else.:S

Chatting with the other 3 jumpers on the climb, I discovered I was the *only* one w/o a nose full of Bolivian Marching Powder. Oh well, being the least experienced one on the load, I figured that leveled the playing field.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billeisele

***Never heard of that, but myself and some friends have enjoyed a beer under canopy... :)

I took a beer on my first CC jumps at Lost Prairie. Beautiful sunset jump, with the sky gold, rose and purple. Can of beer foamed all over, including in my face. Now nice and chilled, I tried drinking some of that foamy mess at 14K above sea level and just kept getting a mouth full of suds. Meanwhile I'm missing out on some great scenery. I finally poured out the rest of my brew and stowed the drippy, empty can in my jumpsuit. :S

The rest of the jump I spent wishing I had brought a camera instead. It was seriously one of the prettiest sunset loads I had ever been on.B|

StoppieJoe

Ive been hearing alot about people lighting up and smoking a joint on the way down at Sunset... Is that really common? I feel like that could prove dangerous, Especially under a HP Canopy..

That is the bomb! why do you think that the oldtimers are always on the sunset load. It is kinda tricky to pass a lit joint in FF though. ;-)
take care,
space

base283

***Ive been hearing alot about people lighting up and smoking a joint on the way down at Sunset... Is that really common? I feel like that could prove dangerous, Especially under a HP Canopy..

That is the bomb! why do you think that the oldtimers are always on the sunset load. It is kinda tricky to pass a lit joint in FF though. ;-)
take care,
space

Which is why CRW was invented!:ph34r:
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

******Ive been hearing alot about people lighting up and smoking a joint on the way down at Sunset... Is that really common? I feel like that could prove dangerous, Especially under a HP Canopy..

take care,
space

Which is why CRW was invented!:ph34r:

That actually makes sense. People flying big, docile canopies side by side puffing on a joint, or blunt, whichever they prefer I guess... Better have a zippo with you because lighting that bitch under canopy would be hard as hell with a bic! Now my next question would be: Whats the penalty for dropping it? :D:D:D:D
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

JohnMitchell

******Never heard of that, but myself and some friends have enjoyed a beer under canopy... :)

I took a beer on my first CC jumps at Lost Prairie. Beautiful sunset jump, with the sky gold, rose and purple. Can of beer foamed all over, including in my face. Now nice and chilled, I tried drinking some of that foamy mess at 14K above sea level and just kept getting a mouth full of suds. Meanwhile I'm missing out on some great scenery. I finally poured out the rest of my brew and stowed the drippy, empty can in my jumpsuit. :S

The rest of the jump I spent wishing I had brought a camera instead. It was seriously one of the prettiest sunset loads I had ever been on.B|

I had the same experience. Small canopies and beer is kind of a pain in the ass- it just flew in my face. I think it would be fun under a bigger canopy, but probably not as fun as just swooping then drinking a beer.

An old timer once explained how they used to have a challenge where you had to drink a beer, smoke a joint, and do a bump under canopy. Pretty hardcore!
BASE 1384

StoppieJoe

Whats the penalty for dropping it? :D:D:D:D

It's pretty severe, at least at The Farm. Years ago some young dude accidentally dropped a can of beer from under canopy, and it went whistling down, impacting near the hangar, IIRC. They caught the perp, made him sit in a chair, and gave a speech about that sort of thing, and had two guys give him a power slap to the inside of both thighs. I saw the video. Looked painful as all hell. :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnMitchell

[I took a beer on my first CC jumps at Lost Prairie. Beautiful sunset jump, with the sky gold, rose and purple. Can of beer foamed all over, including in my face. Now nice and chilled, I tried drinking some of that foamy mess at 14K above sea level and just kept getting a mouth full of suds. Meanwhile I'm missing out on some great scenery. I finally poured out the rest of my brew and stowed the drippy, empty can in my jumpsuit. :S

So if you drop your beer, what is the maximum range at which ATC radar can track the falling can?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

So if you drop your beer, what is the maximum range at which ATC radar can track the falling can?:|

:D:D Serious answer? Probably wouldn't show up for a couple of reasons. Small target would be usually lost in the ground clutter. Also, there's a "moving target" function that eliminates any slower moving echoes, since they're obviously not an airplane.

You'd be surprised how invisible aircraft can be on long range radar when their transponder isn't on. :o

BillyVance

*** Whats the penalty for dropping it? :D:D:D:D

It's pretty severe, at least at The Farm. Years ago some young dude accidentally dropped a can of beer from under canopy, and it went whistling down, impacting near the hangar, IIRC. They caught the perp, made him sit in a chair, and gave a speech about that sort of thing, and had two guys give him a power slap to the inside of both thighs. I saw the video. Looked painful as all hell. :o:D

I think he was talking about dropping a joint under canopy... thankfully that wouldn't likely hurt anyone (unlike a beer can)... but the penalty might still be moderately severe.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Icon134

****** Whats the penalty for dropping it? :D:D:D:D

I think he was talking about dropping a joint under canopy... thankfully that wouldn't likely hurt anyone (unlike a beer can)... but the penalty might still be moderately severe.

Yeah - for the receiver of the beer!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun