BillyVance

Best Super Bowl 50 Meme's

http://sportige.com/funny-memes-super-bowl-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers-peyton-manning-cam-newton-sad-jordan-dab-91869/

Some of these are just hysterical... like the Peyton Gump one, the Butterfingers Newton one, The Omaha, the OJ Simpson white Bronco reference, the Dab on deez nuts....

:D:D:D

Cam Newton is a piece of shit, and I'm glad he lost. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

http://sportige.com/funny-memes-super-bowl-denver-broncos-carolina-panthers-peyton-manning-cam-newton-sad-jordan-dab-91869/

Some of these are just hysterical... like the Peyton Gump one, the Butterfingers Newton one, The Omaha, the OJ Simpson white Bronco reference, the Dab on deez nuts....

:D:D:D

Cam Newton is a piece of shit, and I'm glad he lost. B|

DUDE.. any QB that will not dive on his own fumble deep in his own territory.. and backs away from it....

Maybe those Gold MVP cleats he warmed up in had Kryptonite in them because "Superman" was kinda weak in SB 50

muff528

I guess I'm the only one who actually liked the halftime show. :|

I'd missed the entire first half and turned on the game during the halftime show, and wondering just what the fuck was Beyonce singing? Something about negroes, mississippi nostrils and shit? I was just dumbfounded...

Then again, 10 years ago Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction that may or may not have been intentional... You just never know with the Super Bowl

ETA: I figured it out with a little research... This is what she sang... and I'm going to assume she toned it down some for the halftime show... but still... :Shttp://www.lyricsmania.com/formation_lyrics_beyonce_knowles.html
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I became a Broncos fan in the early 1970s when I was a child (for a really silly reason) and as a life long Broncos fan I have suffered more disappointments than I would like to remember. But it has been fun to watch this defense this year. I am not about to say that the Denver Broncos 2015/2016 defense is the best ever. That would be wrong as it is extremely difficult to compare teams from different eras. But this Broncos team can join the list of exclusive defenses that dominated the game and won championships in past years. Teams like the 1970's Steel Curtain, the '85 Bears defense and the 2000 Ravens defense come to mind as similar dominant defenses. However the 2016 Broncos and 2014 Seahawks can sort of be compared as there is only two years separating these two dominant champions. In 2014 the Seahawks with the best defense in the league schooled the best offense in the league to win Super Bowl 48, and yesterday the Broncos with the best defense in the league schooled the best offense to win Super Bowl 50. The only difference I see is that the 2014 Seahawks offense was better than this year's Broncos offense. But defense wins championships and this was quite the turn around from the lessons learned with that nasty defeat two years ago.

PS: half time show was pretty lame. Expected so much more for a Super Bowl 50. But I don't watch the Super Bowl for the half time show. I watch it for the game. Oh and now I need to recover from a day of poor dietary decisions. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Well, I rarely listen to lyrics in these types of productions. I thought the "sound" and the overall production was very good. I usually don't even listen to the words of any song until I've heard it a number of times.

About the memes. I thought the one about Newton handing more footballs to the Broncos than to the kids was priceless.

CanuckInUSA

***I thought the one about Newton handing more footballs to the Broncos than to the kids was priceless.

Good one ... B|

It was awesome no doubt... The ones of Eli Manning were also hilarious. :D

Just saw this on facebook ..."Peyton Manning has now beaten every team he's ever played at least once in both college and pro football ...except the Gators".

Don't know if there's any truth to that, and I'm not going to look it up, but I'm going with it anyway. :D Maybe someone else can disprove or verify. :P

edit to add: OK, Nebraska too. :S

BIGUN

The best part of that game was Lady Gaga. :)

No kidding. She sang it correctly (no "interpretation") and sang it very well.

With all the sillyness, stunts and outrageousness that are an integral part of her persona, I forgot how great of a voice she has.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***The best part of that game was Lady Gaga. :)

With all the sillyness, stunts and outrageousness that are an integral part of her persona, I forgot how great of a voice she has.

There were embellishments, but I found them to be respectful ones, in the liscense of an individual performance.

Well done. She can sing that shit!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******The best part of that game was Lady Gaga. :)

There were embellishments, but I found them to be respectful ones, in the liscense of an individual performance.

Definitely a helluva lot better than Rosanne Barr... B|

turtlespeed

******The best part of that game was Lady Gaga. :)

The embellishments still made it a "performance," which it is not supposed to be. The National Anthem, as part of a ceremonial event, is not to be "performed" -- it is to be "sung" or "played." I just can't condone the personalization. It is presented to honor the country, not to draw attention to the presenter.

That being said, yes, she has a beautiful voice, and for a performance, I'll admit it was an excellent one. When Jimi Hendrix did his rendition at Woodstock -- in that context, I say, go nuts! That's an appropriate place for a performance (it was part of his set, not a ceremonial lead-in to an event). So, if Lady Gaga wants to perform her version in any other venue and under different circumstances, I would be pleased to hear it again.

I also loved her red eye shadow and blue nail polish. B| She looked great!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

It is presented to honor the country, not to draw attention to the presenter.

Not sure how you can think a performance is out of place at an event like the Superbowl. If they didn't want a performance, why would they bring in a superstar pop performer.?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

TriGirl

*********The best part of that game was Lady Gaga. :)

The embellishments still made it a "performance," which it is not supposed to be. The National Anthem, as part of a ceremonial event, is not to be "performed" -- it is to be "sung" or "played." I just can't condone the personalization. It is presented to honor the country, not to draw attention to the presenter.

That being said, yes, she has a beautiful voice, and for a performance, I'll admit it was an excellent one. When Jimi Hendrix did his rendition at Woodstock -- in that context, I say, go nuts! That's an appropriate place for a performance (it was part of his set, not a ceremonial lead-in to an event). So, if Lady Gaga wants to perform her version in any other venue and under different circumstances, I would be pleased to hear it again.

If that was a military presentation or ceremony, I might agree. I don't think there is any possible way to be able to sing it exactly like the guy that wrote it would sing it. If there is, please let me know since I have been doing it wrong since the day I started learning it.

What about the cop that sung it opera style at the World Series?
Was that a performance? Did he sing every note as it was intended by the composer/writer?

Who in your opinion sings it correctly?

Just askin.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

TriGirl

Thank you. Your nation has a very proud and powerful anthem. Any embellishment is always a distraction and oftentimes downright disappointing.

aphid

Thank you. Your nation has a very proud and powerful anthem. Any embellishment is always a distraction and oftentimes downright disappointing.

Your comment led me to actually check out the performance. I must agree, the embellishments are unneeded and detract from the anthem. But probably to be expected at such an over hyped event.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

turtlespeed

If that was a military presentation or ceremony, I might agree. I don't think there is any possible way to be able to sing it exactly like the guy that wrote it would sing it. If there is, please let me know since I have been doing it wrong since the day I started learning it.

What about the cop that sung it opera style at the World Series?
Was that a performance? Did he sing every note as it was intended by the composer/writer?

Who in your opinion sings it correctly?

Just askin.:)I didn't hear the World Series singer, but they usually sing it per the written score. Opera is a quality of voice, like playing a different instrument. It is correct if it follows the score.

Marine Corps Bands (and other service bands, I'm sure) play the score as it is written, every time. When I sing it, I sing it the same way, per the score (to the best of my ability), every time.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

Marine Corps Bands (and other service bands, I'm sure) play the score as it is written, every time. When I sing it, I sing it the same way, per the score (to the best of my ability), every time.

Just for arguments sake:
. . . how can you say that the way you interpret how the notes go together and in your tone are the correct intended way.

I suppose we'd have to ask the composer, and the lyricist.

Maybe they a different opinion.:)