SkyMako

Aerodyne junkyard ad

wolfriverjoe

The purpose of marketing is to generate attention.
Seems to have worked. :)

Indeed. I'm not sure what other "weird yet memorable" skydiving ads there have been, but a decade or more ago there was I think one with a girl in a bathtub filled with hotdogs, and one with a toilet bowl sitting outside.

Not sure who did the former, but the latter may have been The Ranch in NY. My DZO is a bit old school and so even wrote in to Skydiving Magazine about how terrible the toilet ad was...

In '83 there was an ad for the Mirage where it was being worn by a person doing horse dressage! The container was bright yellow and was later raffled off at the '84 Herd boogie. I know because I won that container and traded it to help pay for the Warp 3 that I already had on order.

jumpwally

I agree it makes no sense at all,,plus they are somewhat dressed up,,,plain goofy

+1
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

kallend

I expect they got the location for the shoot pretty cheap.

I heard the other option was the wastewater treatment plant.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

They should have contacted Mike Rowe for a location.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

They should have contacted Mike Rowe for a location.

Or Erin Brockovich for a PG&E plant location... ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I understand what the photographer was "trying" to accomplish. However, he/she made a very amateurish attempt at copying an Annie Leibovitz style of photography.

Looks like some kid just got a new camera and copy of Adobe Lightroom v6, but hasn't yet figured out how to use either.

Photographic methods to isolate the "characters" are missed, the "leading line" takes the viewer out of the photo. Fuck, even the horizon is off by about 4-6 degrees.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

I understand what the photographer was "trying" to accomplish. However, he/she made a very amateurish attempt at copying an Annie Leibovitz style of photography.

Looks like some kid just got a new camera and copy of Adobe Lightroom v6, but hasn't yet figured out how to use either.

Photographic methods to isolate the "characters" are missed, the "leading line" takes the viewer out of the photo. Fuck, even the horizon is off by about 4-6 degrees.

Artistic license . . . You know how the artsy people are.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun