kallend

House of Cards

Very well done series. Kevin Spacey does a FANTASTIC job. I like the interactions with the viewers sprinkled in, "Did you think I forgot about you?"... . I might need to look for the BBC version now but don't know if I will binge watch that...

Scott C
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

NWFlyer

The difference was that I was sad about Mattie but glad about Zoe.

A-fucking-men (though I didn't watch the original), I feel the same about Zoe.

I can't recommend the original enough. I like Ian Richardson a little bit better than Spacey (not much, but a little bit.) I like Robin Wright quite a bit more than Diane Fletcher, and I also enjoy the dynamic in their marriage more in the US version.

The Zoe/Mattie character was night and day. In the UK version, she's actually able to portray smart yet naive. I also enjoyed the dynamic in their relationship more as well in the UK version. In the US version, she just come across like a famewhore.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Finished Season 2 last night. Just kept having to press next...I couldn't help myself.

The season ended how I expected it to, but the twists and turns were pretty interesting to see. I was a little disappointed in how some of the sub-plots turned out, but I don't see them fading away so I'll keep my eyes peeled for them in next season.

Two thumbs up. I'm gonna have to watch the British version.

Finished Season 2 very early this morning. I don't remember the last time I've been so into a series.

I don't have Amazon Prime for the series about the Republicans but I think I'm going to take a look at the BBC version of House of Cards.

I went looking for any Season 3 information today and read the creator Tweeted a teaser yesterday for writing the first episode of Season 3.

Love it!! B|B|B|

Always be kinder than you feel.

DJL

I'll bet it's on Netflix for a better deal.

Which show?

The British HOC? Yeah it's on Netflix streaming.

Alpha House is Amazon Prime's first foray into their own original programming so it would surprise me if it were available elsewhere.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yes, the British one is there. I'm saving that one for this weekend. Just for giggles I searched for Alpha House on Netflix and it isn't there.

Thank you for the suggestions!! I am so excited for HOC Season 3. I presume it's weekly? Which night do they come out for viewing?

LuckyMcSwervy

Thank you for the suggestions!! I am so excited for HOC Season 3. I presume it's weekly? Which night do they come out for viewing?

It's dropped a season (13 episodes) at a time, so you can watch it as fast as you can binge-watch. B|

Season 2 came out on Friday night (Valentine's Day). Don't recall Season 1.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

It's dropped a season (13 episodes) at a time, so you can watch it as fast as you can binge-watch. B|

OMG... REALLY?? You just made my day!! :$:$:$

LuckyMcSwervy

:D:D

Actually, correction, I don't think it was Friday night; I'm pretty sure it was in the wee hours of the morning. I know I started watching it Friday night. A double date with Frank and Claire made the perfect Valentine's night!

NWFlyer

:D:D

Actually, correction, I don't think it was Friday night; I'm pretty sure it was in the wee hours of the morning. I know I started watching it Friday night. A double date with Frank and Claire made the perfect Valentine's night!

I bet Edward Meechum would've said the same thing!! OMG... loved it. I'm shutting up now so I don't spoil it for anyone. :)

Elisha

Season 3 starts next Friday (Feb. 27).

:)

Too bad the DVDs will lag the streaming by a while (at least I think it well). I hope I'm wrong.

You could just join the rest of us in the 21st century and cancel your DVD plan and add a streaming plan. :D

NWFlyer

You could just join the rest of us in the 21st century and cancel your DVD plan and add a streaming plan. :D

Netflix has only a fraction of their offerings streamable.
I had to switch back to DVDs to get many of the old classic movies I wanted to see.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Netflix has only a fraction of their offerings streamable.
I had to switch back to DVDs to get many of the old classic movies I wanted to see.

Yeah, I know. It could be an "and" rather than an "or." I've had both for about 4 years now but finally cancelled the DVD as I just wasn't watching enough to justify even the lowest-cost plan.

kallend

Season 4.

I think it's jumped the shark.

S4-Ep 4, eh?

Just finished episode 5, watched episode 4 a little earlier.

I suppose you're right - It is what it is, but they had to do something after that snore of a season last year.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

Season 4.

I think it's jumped the shark.

S4-Ep 4, eh?

Just finished episode 5, watched episode 4 a little earlier.

I suppose you're right - It is what it is, but they had to do something after that snore of a season last year.

I think the BBC had the right idea, killing FU off after 3 seasons.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I never saw the BBC version that you mentioned, but sometimes I wonder if we were just spoiled with something new - a different perspective that pushed the limits, but now seems like commonplace mediocrity?

It's kind of like South Park - I can remember almost 20 years ago sitting in my college dorm praying for a commercial to relieve the asphyxiation of laughter. The old man desperately attempting suicide by way of sticking a fork into an electrical socket was too much to bear back then - but times change. We've been desensitized.

Anyway, I'm pressing on with the rest of the season. Tho the writing isn't as good, it's certainly more entertaining than last season.

In the beginning, I always found myself asking how Frank was gonna get out of this mess, but now I find myself asking how they're finally gonna burn him. . .

. . .It's interesting to me because I can't tell if that's how the writer's intended it or not.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Nah, I just think the plotting has gone.

Go back and rewatch series 1/2 and they're still brilliant and shocking. What I think the writers were unable to do was adapt to FUs new circumstances and new motivations. Being in the White House is a pretty stifling environment and cuts off any opportunities for Frank to creep around in the shadows and do his own dirty work. So they kinda made the bald underling chasing the ex-hooker around the substitute for that side of FU, but he's just not interesting enough to carry such a big story line. The blank-faced cypher schtick works well as a supporting character but you can't carry an episode with it.

And in the first few series the whole motivation was power and advancement for it's own sake. Kinda like Donald Trump he didn't want to be president because he had a plan for the country, he just wanted to be president. So now he has power where does his motivation come from? What does he want? "America Works"? WTF was that about and why did he even care about it? He's surely too clever and calculating to be sucked into throwing everything he has behind a clearly doomed program just out of pride. It's a jarring character inconsistency and is never remotely explained in the show. It's a shame[:/]

(that's all based on series 3, I haven't watched any of 4 yet)

Do you want to have an ideagasm?