kallend

House of Cards

I just got a notice from Netflix that the series premiere is up and free for anyone to watch:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70178217?mqso=80033827&opsid=fb_hocfacebookfreeepisode_pp

I've watched about 1/2 of them so far. Kevin Spacey is great as the unscrupulous Congressman.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm two episodes in, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be spending a good portion of this weekend on the couch powering through the rest (it's supposed to be super windy at the dropzone, so at least this gives me something to look forward to instead).

Spacey is phenomenal, and the rest of the characters are pretty great, too (though I'm already annoyed with little miss journalist, I understand she's an important plot device).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I binge-viewed the thing on the first weekend. It's like watching a 13 hour movie. Good stuff!

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

Good show but oversimplified and cliche'd. Of course I did grow up in the DC suburbs and know the routine, know how the players work. They make it seem like every congressman and reporter is disposable to the simplest of innuendo. This makes it distracting to me.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Just in case you missed it... Spacey did a brilliant spoof for the WH Correspondents Dinner called "House of Nerds." :D:D He has a LOT of high-profile help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dCzI521sgqE#!

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The majority of it, including the "high-profile help" is twaddle.

The last 45 seconds are priceless.

I laughed, so I didn't consider it twaddle. But thanks for sharing. :P

Season 2 drops tomorrow! Happy Valentine's Day, indeed!

New cast members include Molly Parker, who's always a blast. B|

I'm. So. Sucked. In.

I've spent allllll afternoon watching. I'm up to Episode 8 and needed to come up for air.

I rejoined Netflix last night just to get a look at House of Cards. I love political dramas... even if the Congressman is a Democrat. :P

OK, down to the kitchen for milk and a brownie, then back upstairs for more. Addicted!!

:$

Always be kinder than you feel.

Vallerina

The difference was that I was sad about Mattie but glad about Zoe.

A-fucking-men (though I didn't watch the original), I feel the same about Zoe.

LuckyMcSwervy

II love political dramas... even if the Congressman is a Democrat. :P

I think the show pretty accurately portrays them all as assholes. :D

If you have Amazon Prime, you might also enjoy Alpha House - the main characters in it are Republicans. It's a much goofier show. Also Veep, though I find that to be a bit uneven, it's still fun.