eeneR

Iditarod 2016

So I have to say I am thoroughly impressed at the coverage and tech put into this years race. I've been a "check in" once in awhile to see what i going on for years past. This year it is a whole new level of awesome! Live GPS tracking, Live video from check points and pictures galore!

Any other fans of dog sports watching this race?
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

eeneR

So I have to say I am thoroughly impressed at the coverage and tech put into this years race. I've been a "check in" once in awhile to see what i going on for years past. This year it is a whole new level of awesome! Live GPS tracking, Live video from check points and pictures galore!

Any other fans of dog sports watching this race?

Woof

skyjumpenfool

The ice is starting to darken on Medicine lake. Temps are unseasonably warm. This could be the earliest "ice out" in recorded history.

SHHHHH.. do not awaken those in the deepest darkest place on Dizzy Dot Com:ph34r:

Amazon

***The ice is starting to darken on Medicine lake. Temps are unseasonably warm. This could be the earliest "ice out" in recorded history.

SHHHHH.. do not awaken those in the deepest darkest place on Dizzy Dot Com:ph34r:

Yes, please, don't send the sled dog race coverage to SC.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Some really strange bad news from the race.

http://time.com/4256615/iditarod-sled-dog-killed-snowmobile-attack/

Makes no sense at all.

more details

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/03/12/sled-dog-dead-after-snowmachiner-attacks-iditarod-teams/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Apparently drunk: http://www.adn.com/article/20160312/one-dog-dead-several-injured-after-snowmachine-attack-iditarod-trail
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I guess he lives in a place where you can almost always get away with drunken sledding. Likely to kill yourself, but not others. I think they will need a MADD chapter. Mushers Against Drunk Drivers.

Where I live alcohol fueled snowmobile accidents are not at all rare.