Bryguy1224

March Madness fundraiser brackets

It’s March Madness!!! Who wants to win some money and help out a worthy cause?!?

I am running the Boston Marathon on April 18th as part of TEAM MR8 for the Martin Richard Foundation. Martin was the 8 year old boy killed in the 2013 terrorist bombing of the Boston Marathon. As I am retired from the Army, I have chosen to fight against this violence by raising money in Martin's name.

See below for how you may help charity and also win some money via a March Madness Bracket; Half of all money goes towards the foundation, the other half goes to the top three winners. Deadline to register is 3/17 at 12pm ET.

More about the Foundation and my Goals:

The Martin Richard Foundation honors Martin’s message of “No more hurting people. Peace.” by investing in education, athletics and community.

For more details on the charity please see here: http://www.teammr8.org/ Note: Martin W. Richard Charitable Foundation has tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code. Their tax ID number is 35-2491896.

I still still have $4000 to raise and a month left prior to the marathon. I have has raised $3500 so far.

Details of how to register for March Madness Brackets:

1. Go to his March Madness fundraising link: gofundme.com/hdtr4h3a
2. Donate $25 - I can also take cash if you prefer.
3. Follow the instructions below to fill out your bracket.
4. Brackets will be open to fill out today (MONDAY, March 14th).

Instructions for joining the pool entitled 'Bryan Ody Marathon Fundraiser'
Bryan Ody has recently set up an online NCAA Bracket Pool at RunYourPool.com. If you are interested in joining the pool, please follow these steps:

1. Go to http://www.runyourpool.com/join/index.cfm?id=52814

2. In the Join Password box, enter teammr8

3. Fill out the form information, including a personal username and password. Make sure your user name matches your donation name!!!

4. Make your picks and log back in to see the results and standings.

Again, half of all money goes towards the foundation, the other half goes to the top three winners.

1st place - 60% of pool
2nd place - 30% of pool
3rd place - 10% of pool

If you don’t want to participate, but still will like to make a charitable donation, please visit his fundraising page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/bryan-ody/bostonmarathon2016

Please share with as many people as you can.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for reading.

Good Luck!!!!

Regards,
Bryan Ody
[email protected]

So far, there are 24 entrants with another 60 to 80 expected. (a couple have brackets and have paid me cash and are not on the gofundme page) The pot for the winner is getting quite large. We are talking buying a nice used canopy for the winner size pot. Plus it supports a good cause.

Bryan