quade

The new Atlas is freakin' amazing.

Wow.

The capabilities that shows are very impressive.

Walking on an uneven, slippery slope is a very challenging task. So is the other stuff, but the snowy hill through the woods shows a huge variety of abilities.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

Need to program him to punch that dude for all the abuse!
Very cool!

Agreed.
I was thinking punching that guy could shave a lot of time off moving the boxes.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Need to program him to punch that dude for all the abuse!
Very cool!

Pretty cool shit. But I agree... a good backhand sending the guy 20 feet backwards off his feet would be nice. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

normiss

Need to program him to punch that dude for all the abuse.

The way they cut the video, after Atlas gets shoved to the ground it looks like he's saying to himself, "No! Fuck you, Bob. I quit! I am fuckin' outta here." Because then he get's up and walks out the door.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Fark: "Google creates a human-like robot that can't be bargained with, can't be reasoned with, doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear and absolutely will not stop, ever, until until it picks up the box"

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"Many years down the road, this scene is going to be recreated in the robot version of 'Roots'."
-- Trevor Noah on TDS
:D

quade

***Need to program him to punch that dude for all the abuse.

The way they cut the video, after Atlas gets shoved to the ground it looks like he's saying to himself, "No! Fuck you, Bob. I quit! I am fuckin' outta here." Because then he get's u******

That's what I was thinking. He gets pushed down and the next thing you see is him going out the door. Good for Him!!!

Hello, I'm Robbie the Robot. I'll be your tandem master for today's jump.

Good thing human tandem masters work so frigging cheap. Not a great market for robot replacements. Same for riggers. Actually same for our underpaid jumpship pilots as well. Not a lot of economic fat to trim in the skydiving business.

I work in robotics. I know how potential markets are assessed. I don't think we will be seeing robots in skydiving anytime soon.

One possible exception is in manufacturing canopies. Robots can do a pretty good job making patterns, optimizing yields and even cutting and sewing.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

quade

***Just gotta put a gun on it and we're in business.

https://youtu.be/_mqDjcGgE5I

What could go wrong?

We will see this very soon but I'll leave that discussion for other forums.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/she-tried-to-warn-us-imgur4001.gif?w=400
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Wow. I would have thought with Google's press for robotic cars this would be a natural fit and a lot of the technology would find itself overlapping. It seemed like a great buy for them.

I'm very surprised by the short sightedness of the the statements by Google (if true).

Hopefully, somebody like Musk will buy them although probably somebody like General Dynamics or some other Military Industrial Complex corporation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Meet Robbie, the new Tandem Master.

No extra charge for heavy passengers. Robbie doesn't care about discomfort.

With GPS guided approaches and a laser altimeter controlled canopy flare, a smooth landing is assured, always.

And Robbie won't put any moves on your girlfriend.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.