superstu

lowest pulled

alright, I confess, earlier this year, sitfly jump in Perris, track away on our backs, ProTrack batteries died, I lost altitude awareness, rolled over, ground was really, really big - I could see dirt clods, :o deployed my main just before my cypress deployed my reserve next to it. Landing 2 out sucks.. B|
Anyway, I guess it was about 900 - 1,000' in the saddle around 500 wondering what went wrong..:S

chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

A couple months ago I took advantage of an empty DZ and smoked it down to 1300. I think I was releasing the brakes around 1000. I've been down that way a few other times as well...:P

Okay, cypress off, nose un-rolled, lets rock!:ph34r:

By reading this I figure:
1. Some of us are lucky to be here.
2. Some of us aren't going to be around much longer.
3. Too many people think they're Keanue in Point Break.

Nock it off!
I hope this is mostly a lot of bull$h!tting and not how you realy jump. Good God, taking "advantage of an empty DZ and smoked it down to 1300"??? Not to single just one post out, but give me a friekin break!

>:(>:(>:(B|B|B|>:(>:(>:(

I don't drink pepsi max or fancy myself as any sort of movie star god. I answered a question honestly. I enjoy pulling low on occasion and will more than likely do it again. I know the risks and try to "control" them. If this affects you in any way feel free to continue being shocked and offended:P
I also run with scissors, drive fast, climb cliffs, take glass bottles into the pool and smoke cigars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shocked or offended by your "radical" and "rebellous" ways. Just worried. Skydivers are the only people I've really felt akin to, so anytime someone gets hurt or dies because of something as unpredictable as when and how their canopy will open, it is hard to take. It's good that you were honest, I guess, but it doesn't make your choice any better. And I want to restate, no one was being singled out. Anyone who does this is no longer taking a calculated risk, it becomes russian roulette.

I yelled at Andy "No!"

He said, do what you want. So, unfortuneatly, I did, Out at 1200.

Got unstable, stabled out, and pitched (Threw like a mother!).

I still kinda made the pond, but it wasn't much of a swoop.

My limit now is 2K. 2.5K is comfortable.

bad. no, bad. never again. well...

----------------------------
bzzzz

In Reply To

---------------------------------------------

What's the flatline on a Timeout?

--------------------------

1500Ft
----------------------------------------------------

hi speed swoop can do it too---"Cool and/or Groovey Fridge Co.

or ridding in tinnys 412. Accualy 4 or 5 times:P:P:P
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Hi, Kris...

I have been watching this thread with the same "geesus, people" thought that you seem to have.

I'm new. I know that there are people who do this for shits and grins. But it scares me, and always will. Some of these are accidents/emergencies, and lessons were learned. Some are intentional, and honestly relating their experiences.

I wonder, though, how many of the folks who do this "for fun" have had serious malfunctions and/or cutaways, not on their low pull but otherwise? I dunno, but my early cutaway really put some serious respect into me for the ground, and a sincere desire to not go pushing the envelope much more than I absolutely have to. I know I err on the side of caution, and people jib me for it. But man, it's some scary shit we're talking about...

For the record, my lowest intentional pull to date is 3,600. That was low enough for me. Plenty low.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Kris,
When I first borrowed a protrack at 20 jumps or so, i would wait for the flatline to even throw my pilot chute. When Brenda saw the 1500-1300 altitudes on it, she crapped her pants. I had no idea. I have a friend that quit jumping 4 years ago and he says they always began deployment around 2000 not 3000 like we do now. Also, screw your career and come back to work at Perris, I miss squeezing your boob.

Lowest for me and 21 other jumpers is 1200' lost an engine on the otter and the pilot called for emergency exit. In 30 seconds 21 people left. 2 jumpers pulled reserve out the door, 1 pilot chute wrapped around a neck which he pulled his reserve and 2 stayed in the plane(student & jumpmaster). Everyone including the pilot landed fine.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I also run with scissors, drive fast, climb cliffs, take glass bottles into the pool and smoke cigars.

I like to pass on the right, don't wear a helmet and drive at night with no lights on....

I pet stray dogs, sit two inches from the TV screen, go swimming 27 or 28 minutes after eating, and sometimes expect past behavior to be indicative of future performance.

Thanks all for the 1500 foot gouge. What the hell was I thinking?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

In Reply To

---------------------------------------------

What's the flatline on a Timeout?

--------------------------

1500Ft
----------------------------------------------------

hi speed swoop can do it too---"Cool and/or Groovey Fridge Co.

or ridding in tinnys 412. Accualy 4 or 5 times:P:P:P

In Rod 412 ride it's 550ft. "atli/on" confirmation;) beeps go(he avoids the 750ft mark with the wild ride due to AADs) but,the "TIME OUT" FLATLINE>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPP! is
different. Not a pleasant sound under canopy :| The "PULL" tone is beep,beep, beep. Time out's Flat line=Oh SHit!
(traveling throught the mountains, my Time-out 550 goes off alot,then you stop-20 mins. it resets to that altitude the, beeps more..the whole trip :S)

i was just interested in what's the lowest everyone has pulled, for what ever reason. me personally in my short skydiving career is i think 2.7k

700 feet on a regular skydive...it was my 700th jump. I repeated by dumping at 800 feet on my 800th, then 900 feet on my 900th. I took a break for my thousandth, then resumed the pattern up to my 2,000th.

Jump number 1,000 was a two second delay from a cliff that was only 279 feet...I don't know what my actual opening altitude was.

My lowest airplane exit was 1,200 feet It was a winter jump and the ceiling was at about a grand, Once lined up on jumprun at 1,000 feet the pilot (who was the DZO) climbed for a couple of heartbeats, then we got out.

Hey, I was once a bold idiot. Not anymore. These days I'm a Safety and Training Advisor, but at least I understand the temptation to dump low.

Now, I mostly I like to pull between 2,000 and 2,500...that's legal "D" license altitude and I'm a rigger, so I trust both my main and reserve. In the winter I usually ask for 2,000, but the pilot almost always gives me about 2,300, or a bit more. The younger folks in the Otter can't believe a skydiver can actually get out of an airplane that low and survive.

Times have changed, and so have I...but just a little.

-tom buchanan
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

i remember exiting from a friends plane @ 3000 ft...
well what i didnt realize was it was msl not agl we were at @ 1000 ft above sea level, i didnt have a alti on....
well i remember this barn looking really really big thats when i dumped well this barn was a shed and all i can say is the canopy ride was VERY short...:D:D:D

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

For the record, my lowest intentional pull to date is 3,600. That was low enough for me. Plenty low.

Ciels-
Michele

That was the aproximate altitude for my first (back in '98) freefall. 5 sec delay, and I waited close to ten.
:o
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

last time i jumped the 412 with my time out. Eevery time he would dive my time out would be screaming in my ear !!!! flat line.

Yep.. goin down=flat,going up >500ft.=set/on(beep,beep)
His ride is awsome and the audible confims the intensity;) Going down, I remember one hand holding on to my seatbelt anchor and eath closing in at me.:o
You could have stuck me with a needle and I wouldn't have noticed until we started to climb again.:)

Hi, Rev...

See, you didn't quote the part where I admit to , did ya! LOL....

Ciels-
Michele

I'm waaaay too nice to re-quote people demeaning themselves!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

In going with this topic what is the lowest anyone would cutaway. Its my understanding that a reserve opens in around 500ft so dependent on circumstances there's no way i'd cutaway below 1000. That said I am always open by 2 grand or a little over. Just wondering what you guys would do?..