muff528

Thunderclap Newman dead at 73

GD64

I just cranked the decibels on that mellow tune earlier this week. It's the only one I remember from them.

It's been the roughest year (so far) that I can recall for classic rockers going black.

#black rockers matter
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

GD64

I just cranked the decibels on that mellow tune earlier this week. It's the only one I remember from them.

Try "Wilhelmina" if you can find it. :D I think it was the flipside of "Something......". Maybe not, I just have the album. Also, Tom Petty did a pretty good cover of "Something in the Air".

It's been the roughest year (so far) that I can recall for classic rockers going black.

Guess we gotta get used to it. :|

turtlespeed

***I just cranked the decibels on that mellow tune earlier this week. It's the only one I remember from them.

#black rockers matter

Once they go black, they never come back.

muff528

***I just cranked the decibels on that mellow tune earlier this week. It's the only one I remember from them.

Try "Wilhelmina" if you can find it. :D I think it was the flipside of "Something......". Maybe not, I just have the album. Also, Tom Petty did a pretty good cover of "Something in the Air".

GD64

I found it on YouTube...pretty light hearted, thanks.
I've enjoyed Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (going back to their "Breakdown" days), Thunderclap Newman did the better "Something In The Air". But like you said ".....pretty good cover.....".

Guess we gotta get used to it. :|

Damn, your right about that. If there was a "rocker dead pool" I would have lost......since I keep thinking Keith Richards has to fall over and not get up (big Stones fan here). But everyone probably has a crazy uncle, cousin, grandpa, that lives that lifestyle till age 90's, somewhere in their family tree.;)

jackwallace

I named my kid after him. Middle name not first. The wife wouldn't let me.

Your kids middle name is Thunderclap, Thunder, or Clap?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun