JerryBaumchen

Merle Haggard

Dadgummit! >:( I've got my entire digital music collection (17479 songs) on my phone. ...but I don't have ELP's "Lucky Man" or "Pancho & Lefty" by Merle and Willie. I don't even have it by Townes Van Zandt. Guess I'll have to start digitizing more of my vinyl collection. Very time-consuming. Good thing is I get to listen to them all while recording. :)

Thanks! Nice live perf by Willie and Merle. Forgot about his old Telecaster. But I did eventually find Lucky Man. I was sure I had it on CD somewhere (which means it would be on my phone) so I searched by "song" and found I have 2 copies. One from "From the Beginning - Greg Lake Retrospective" and the other from "The Return of the Manticore" collection. Listening to these albums now. :)

In his own words, from the foreword to a biography written by Tom Carter. He read it himself for the audio book version:

"I've lived through 17 stays in penal institutions. Incarceration in a penitentiary. Five marriages, bankruptcy, a broken back, brawls, shooting incidents, swindlings, sickness, the death of loved ones and more. I've heard tens of thousands chant my name when I couldn't hear the voice of my own soul. I wondered if God was listening and I was sure no one else was."
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

muff528

Dadgummit! >:( I've got my entire digital music collection (17479 songs) on my phone. ...but I don't have ELP's "Lucky Man" or "Pancho & Lefty" by Merle and Willie. I don't even have it by Townes Van Zandt. Guess I'll have to start digitizing more of my vinyl collection. Very time-consuming. Good thing is I get to listen to them all while recording. :)

Wow, that's a very impressive digital music collection.

Hey muff528, I may touch base with you (at a later date) for feedback on your digitizing of vinyl. I haven't started, and probably won't find the time till winter.

"Pancho and Lefty"....good one!

We went to Nationals in '73 in Talaquah.(sp) We couldn't help but hear "We Don't smoke marjuanna in Muskogee." But there was a guy handing out fliers from a head shop that sold pipes, papers and clips.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

GD64

Hey muff528, I may touch base with you (at a later date) for feedback on your digitizing of vinyl. I haven't started, and probably won't find the time till winter....

No problem, but I have to say that my goal was just to capture the music so I could play and listen on an mp3 player. Not too concerned about audiophile quality since my ears have gone "lo-fi" long ago, but I did want it to record "cleanly". Few years ago I bought a Numark hundred-dollar USB turntable. It came with software to do just that and it worked well enough. I'm sure there's better software out there now. I forget what software I used to convert the CDs but I think that capability is built into most OSs now, or at least packaged with computers.

muff528

Hey muff528, I may touch base with you (at a later date) for feedback on your digitizing of vinyl. I haven't started, and probably won't find the time till winter....

No problem, but I have to say that my goal was just to capture the music so I could play and listen on an mp3 player. Not too concerned about audiophile quality since my ears have gone "lo-fi" long ago, but I did want it to record "cleanly". Few years ago I bought a Numark hundred-dollar USB turntable. It came with software to do just that and it worked well enough. I'm sure there's better software out there now. I forget what software I used to convert the CDs but I think that capability is built into most OSs now, or at least packaged with computers.

Thanks for info.