iPepe

Jumping with a cervical spine modified with two artificial discs...

Hello from Germany,

in January 2013 i made an upgrade to my body. I get two artificial discs (Spinal Kinetics M6C) placed in my cervical spine. After ~ 6 month i was back in the air again and until today i`m still active.

Now i`m looking for other Skydivers with a similiar surgery. Is there anybody out there :)
Best regards & blue sky,
Peter

iPepe

Hello from Germany,

in January 2013 i made an upgrade to my body. I get two artificial discs (Spinal Kinetics M6C) placed in my cervical spine. After ~ 6 month i was back in the air again and until today i`m still active.

Now i`m looking for other Skydivers with a similiar surgery. Is there anybody out there :)
Best regards & blue sky,
Peter

I need to have it done. Two discs. But I can't seem to be able to schedule it I between projects.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

iPepe

Hello from Germany,

Best regards & blue sky,
Peter

I understand European spinal surgery is more advanced than here in the US. Is that treatment even available for Turtle?

iPepe

As i know many people from the US come to Germany for this surgery. Main problem is that the discs are not authorized in the US, but in Germany. And of course you can upgrade Turtle with it :)

Darn government supported communist socialized medicine you foreigners have! :S>:(:D

JohnMitchell

***As i know many people from the US come to Germany for this surgery. Main problem is that the discs are not authorized in the US, but in Germany. And of course you can upgrade Turtle with it :)

Darn government supported communist socialized medicine you foreigners have! :S>:(:D

Just go marry a German, Brit, Canadian, Frenchman, Irishman, Swede, Norwegian, etc. etc.

Perhaps Obamacare ll, i.e. Hillary-care or Sanders-care will include the procedure!

Mine were trashed at C3-4, C4-5, and C5-6, but 5-6 was the only one with increasing radiculopathy. After weighing the options and discussing the risks and benefits of arthroplasty with my surgeon who believes artificial discs will not be as strong in a whiplash type injury, I opted for ACDF at C5-6 last year, while also replacing both hips. I didn't get back in the air till yesterday, mostly because of other reasons (family matters then winter), but it felt fine in the couple jumps I did. If it ends up causing adjacent segment deterioration at C4-5, I'll probably opt for an artificial disc there, using the Mobi-C, which is the only device approved in the US for multiple adjacent cervical arthroplasties, that way I'm covered if C3-4 follows suit. However I'm pretty sure I wouldn't skydive again in that situation.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)