life. Perhaps I should rephrase this. I am at
the bottom staring up upon this angelic,
crystallized, God-sent perfection, on my
journey up."
Holly Kish
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

High: Waking up at 6PM, doing some shopping, driving my car with the top down and remembering different times in my past that include my first jump course instructor who always took time to talk with me whenever I showed up at the dropzone.

Low: Waking up at 6PM and realizing another day has slipped away. You only wake up so many times.

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

High: spending two hours in the gym with a friend of mine and getting to know her a little bit better because of it.

Low: getting a phone call from the girl I was supposed to take out letting me know we will have to reschedule[:/]

She did ask me to come see her at work tomorrow though, so all is not lost;)
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

High - I'm going rafting with my good friends in NorCal :)
Low - some of those good friends will only be with us in spirit.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

High: I'm healthy and have a good life and family
Low: Deuce is gone; there's a hole in the universe

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

High: Bay Area Conference Champions - Marin Academy. My first season coaching high school softball and we go all the way!

Low: Deuce was so dissatisfied he ended it all. Bye friend. I will be careful like you told me in our last conversation.

High: Being done with school and packing for my Calif. vacation.

Low: Knowing the plans I made to met up with JP while in Calif. won't be happening.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

High:
1) oh yeah. I'd elaborate but why jinx myself when things are finally going my and our companies way.

2) Good thoughts about Holly finding their way into my head at random the last couple weeks completely out of the blue. "Rock Out W/Your Cock Out" being the one that had me laughing out loud today. mixed with more serious reflection on what it meant/means to me to have had a great friend in her.

Low: havn't surfed, jumped, rode a bike or really, really gone running in over 4 years. stuck behind a desk. but, Whatever. Plenty of time for everything in life.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

High: I've never been happier in my entire life as I am now in regards to my career and relationship.

Low: Realizing that this thread was started by Holly Kish who died around the time I began AFF. CanuckinUSA (Steve) perhaps you can clarify that..but I remember your video tribute to her at the end of the Bellas video..I remember it well[:/] I remember your story about being on the same plane with her and how excited she was about a milestone jump and giving you a kiss.

Lows aren't over...been a helluva 3 yrs with several losses that were preventable/avoidable...skydiving related, BASE, as well as the motorcycle and car accidents and health conditions that have taken people I care about. This Sunday with the loss of Dale...[:/] This sport isn't forgiving..and a few seconds can be the difference between life and death.
Damn Dale..JP doing something stupid, and now your poor judgment...
I'm sure there's some great jumps going on over there on the other side...
So many great freeflyers and bellyflyers are there for you Dale.
I feel so grateful to have you fly camera on my 100th freefly jump and video of it ...as well as Clayton's perspective of you carving around us like a monkey!:D

Low point today the kids were just plain feral, I had to stop a group of girls from punching on.:S:S

High point one of my kids sent me and email this afternoon

hi Squeak

Thanks for being a great teacher and helping me with my maths.

have a good week end.

You cannot pay for the joyful feeling I got from that email:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

High --> Driving my car with the top down on this brisk Saturday, including my usual stop at Raeford DZ which was unusually vacant today except for a few motorcyclists who had stopped by thinking Aviator's might be open (it wasn't). For some reason I found myself thinking of some skydives I've made in the past. I haven't jumped for over two years but I thought about how I always enjoyed AFF jumps with Paul Rafferty. I remembered my Cat-E skydive where he delayed his exit to watch my diving exit and front flip. After my front flip I remembered turning my head back toward the plane to look for him following me. To my surprise, he wasn't on his way down to me, he was right next to me. Doing jumps with Raff was always made me feel like a better skydiver than I was. His personality made me feel good. I also felt good because he would compensate for all of my errors and stay right with me the whole time. It made me feel like I was doing better than I was. He compensated for all of the chipping, sliding and other errors I was making. Raff may be physically removed from us now, but I'm fortunate to have interacted with him. I'm also fortunate to interact from time to time with other people who are not removed from us yet, including another instructor of mine who often takes time to speak with me even when I don't often feel that I'm worthy of anyone's attention or interest.

Low --> It is Saturday. Ordinarily that is a good thing and it still is; but, in my mind I realize that tomorrow is the end of one my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving is a nice long holiday without the intensity of Christmas. But at least it is still Saturday. I'm enjoying it.

Low-I am currently working long ridiculous hours each day that started on Friday!!!

High-I'm doing this so I can go to Z-hills next week!!!! :):)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

HIGH: I'm in the States in 3 weeks B|B|

Low: There are a few people i wont get to see that i wanted to meet but they will not be in the same places. (2009 it will have to be).

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?