Lizard

Back to the sky

This is probably out of place, but I want to get this off of my mind to people that will understand me.

My last jump was a military jump on 26 Jul 2008. I miss the companionship of fellow jumpers.

My last civilian jump was 27 Mar 2004. Going on 12 years now.

I'm 44 years old, single, no worries about about family, so I want to get back into jumping. I guess I'm in my second childhood, not sure.

I've been out of the loop so long, that it makes me nervous, but it is something that I have committed myself to do, just to prove to myself that I'm not to old to still do it.

I quit jumping after losing two friends. After that, I just did my military jumps to stay proficient and that was it.

Chris Martin / Harry Parrish, Harry took me in and trained me in the military and Chris was the awesome fun guy to hang with on the weekend. I was in Afghanistan when I learned of his death and then Harry passed during training a student.

With all of that, I walked away from the sport except for what I had to do for the military.

I have not jumped since 26 Jul 2008 and I hope to make that change in the next week or two. Just wanted to share what this all means to me. Its hard to discuss this subject with people that have not "been there and done that". I know you all understand why I need to get back in the air, I could never explain it to someone with words.

I became current again in October after not jumping since September 2008.

There were some nerves for sure, but it all came back like riding a bike. A bike falling through the air at a high rate of speed, but a bike all the same.

Good luck! Take slow breaths and everyone will be fine
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Been there, done that. I took the 90's off. I've made more jumps since coming back than the 1100 I made before quitting. I've been in the sport for longer this time, too (15 years active, 13 before quitting the first time).

The sky is the same. Welcome back. Jump who you are.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm just getting back in myself after a couple years away. Between a bit of dz burnout and life in general, we took a couple seasons off. Missed it but got a lot accomplished with all the free from the dz time. Life recently made a huge turn for me, I lost my best friend, and woman I loved more than anything. Its made me realize how big a part of our lives skydiving was. I can't think of a better place to be than back in the air. Nervous as hell. But will be there soon and often!