cavscout73

cheaper than a therapist

have heard it so many times, we even considered it a few times. I could never find the justification in letting it all go and taking it to the sky, leaving it to chance, stepping away from the real world and chasing crazy dreams. Not until a month ago when I lost my best friend, the one person I shared it all with. The woman I wanted to chase to the end of this fucked up crazy life! Now I'm left without her and can't think of anything else but the sky. My career has lost its appeal, I hate walking into my house. "Too many bad vivid images" the places I used to love have lost any enjoyment . I think I finally understand what they mean by cutting away! Which is scary as well, give up a home a career a stable life for unknown, hard, and basic.. And I feel like that's where I belong! But damn if my responsible grown up brain doesn't keep getting in the way. Anyhow just venting and the forums are cheaper than a shrink. But they could be used against me in a court of law. No real reason for this post other than had to vent and where better than here!

Can you transfer to someplace you'd rather be? Somewhere where you could make a living jumping year round? And don't forget, Chuck, you've got lots of friends at Explore Freefall.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

Can you transfer to someplace you'd rather be? Somewhere where you could make a living jumping year round? And don't forget, Chuck, you've got lots of friends at Explore Freefall.

Thanks Dave , I'm gonna head that way shortly after memorial day weekend for a visit. Probably spend a weekend hangin out with all the old crew and who knows who since I have been away for a while

Stop by for the Memorial Day Boogie and get some lovin from all your buds. Who knows, maybe Richard will even let you pack!:P

"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Just checking in to see how you're feeling today. You have a few of us worried and we do care. How are you?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Just checking in to see how you're feeling today. You have a few of us worried and we do care. How are you?

I'm hanging in there and still vertical so that's half the battle.. Keeping myself busy!
Trying to get everything finished and in order at the house , think I found a dz down south to work at full time for the season. Hopefully a break from things here, some fresh faces and places will help clear the head a bit!

I'm glad you're making plans and doing better. I hope your adventure puts a new spark in your step!

I always look at life as chapters in a book. Some chapters are longer than you thought, and some are shorter. Some make you smile, some make you cry and some make you say, "Holy shit. I didn't see that coming!" But, they're all important into shaping the great story of what is your life. The chapters that make you sad don't have to necessarily be considered bad; they're just part of your story. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

I'm glad you're making plans and doing better. I hope your adventure puts a new spark in your step!

I always look at life as chapters in a book. Some chapters are longer than you thought, and some are shorter. Some make you smile, some make you cry and some make you say, "Holy shit. I didn't see that coming!" But, they're all important into shaping the great story of what is your life. The chapters that make you sad don't have to necessarily be considered bad; they're just part of your story. :)

This chapter sums up with a great chapter followed by a bad ending but I fully understand what your saying. I would have never gotten to this chapter if it wasn't for the good and bad previous chapters. Although I wish I could have changed the ending of it I wouldn't have traded this chapter for anything .. It was a great one all the way til the end ! Now on to a new crazy chapter in life!