Nataly

Just when you think you're on top of the world...

You find a sweater he used to wear, and it smells of him, and you miss him SOOOOOO much.

[:/]

Pffff... Fuck.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

So post a pic of him in the "Glory" thread.

I'm almost certain you have one.
Crop out his face if you feel the need.

Go ahead, do it.
You'll feel better.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Would it help if all the single guys on here each sent you an old shirt?
Maybe you'd find someone you'd like to sniff.:)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

Somewhere out there is a guy who's going to be the man you deserve to have. Don't think about the past. Go find your future.

Or . . . He still is the one , and maybe they need to work at it. Marriage is easy only 1/3 of the time. It takes so much giving and compromise that people forget to do the work it takes to make it work.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nah, stay single.

You are in control, you can do what you like, when you like, with who you like, without all the drama, or having to answer or explain yourself. And you don't have to live on an emotional roller coaster.

There is a lot to be said for independence.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Or . . . He still is the one , and maybe they need to work at it. Marriage is easy only 1/3 of the time. It takes so much giving and compromise that people forget to do the work it takes to make it work.

If your marriage takes a ton of hard work, then you didn't marry the right person.

- Dan G

turtlespeed

Or . . . He still is the one , and maybe they need to work at it.

I thought he was being a using jerk. That's shouldn't be the one.

Marriage is easy only 1/3 of the time. It takes so much giving and compromise that people forget to do the work it takes to make it work.

Sure, there is some compromise and work, but if you marry the right person, it's easy to do . . . and well worth it. :)

JohnMitchell

Marriage is easy only 1/3 of the time. It takes so much giving and compromise that people forget to do the work it takes to make it work.

Sure, there is some compromise and work, but if you marry the right person, it's easy to do . . . and well worth it. :)
A former coworker likened it to a car:
You can't just drive it all the time;
It requires regular maintenance and sometimes repairs.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

And fuel - you always need fuel of some sort.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Nataly

You find a sweater he used to wear, and it smells of him, and you miss him SOOOOOO much.

Pffff... Fuck.

No, you miss what you THOUGHT he was, and what THAT meant to you. It's upsetting because you have to realize all over again he was actually a wanker, and the guy you thought you were with didn't really exist. [:/]

So, we go back to: you're better off realizing early enough that he was, in fact, a WANKER, and you're best to be rid of him. :)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

Pffff... Fuck.

No, you miss what you THOUGHT he was, and what THAT meant to you. It's upsetting because you have to realize all over again he was actually a wanker, and the guy you thought you were with didn't really exist. [:/]

So, we go back to: you're better off realizing early enough that he was, in fact, a WANKER, and you're best to be rid of him. :)
Obviously I am not party to all the info - but whatever happened to second chances?

Just keep track of the trade in value! :)
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

normiss

Marriage "advice" from serially single men is laughable IMO.

Reminds me a lot of the folks with no children telling you how to raise them.
Or the most obese guy at work telling the muscle heads how they should be lifting.
:S

How politely put.

How many marriages do you currently have under your belt?

serially single - is that worse that periodically married?

You don't always have to have a piece of paper to legitimize a relationship. There are a few out there that demand it be so - but - if you need a piece of paper to feel fulfilled in your relationship, there are other issues.

There are a hell of a lot of married people living a life of misery, but who can't put an end to it for a variety of reasons. (kids, appearances, etc etc)

Seeing the people wars that go down when divorce or seperation breaks out makes many single people thank their lucky stars.

Being single does not disqualify anyone from relationships, nor does it prevent them from seeing people broken from bad relationships.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

turtlespeed

Pffff... Fuck.

Obviously I am not party to all the info - but whatever happened to second chances?

In the beginning he was romantic and sweet and caring and so many things. Then everything rapidly went sour. But in fact, *everything* happened quickly - and like someone pointed out on here, that alone should have set off alarm bells.

I will not go into the details, but as things only *continued* to escalate after the break-up, I followed the advice of a work colleague and made a "main courante" to the police at the end of last week... (It's not a complaint - only a statement they keep on their records.) Well, it turns out the guy was already in their database as a repeat violent offender... So yeah... THAT was an eye-opener. And confirmed that my decision to leave was sound.

Still wrapping my head around the whole thing, to be honest. But really I am fine. (Even if I occasionally sniff one of his sweaters and miss him... [:/]) Hey... Only 6 months ago (!) I didn't even know the guy existed... I will get over it :P:)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

keithbar

Sooo you got hitched and it's already over ? Damn someone should have started a pool. Sorry girl. :(

We did not get hitched. We were going to - and now I am rather glad we didn't get that far.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

wolfriverjoe

So post a pic of him in the "Glory" thread.

I'm almost certain you have one.
Crop out his face if you feel the need.

Go ahead, do it.
You'll feel better.

That would *not* make me feel better... And would not make most of the men on here feel better either!! :D:D:D:P

(He was rather... Um... Blessed in that department.)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

JohnMitchell

***Would it help if all the single guys on here each sent you an old shirt?
Maybe you'd find someone you'd like to sniff.:)

You are so good to Nat. She's lucky to have you. ;):D

Indeed!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss