Nataly

If you're gonna lie...

...Can't ya take like 10 seconds to Google that shit first??!!

Seriously... It was the Grand-Prix weekend over here... Funniest thing I heard all night?

Him: So yeah, I am a Helicopter Pilot.
Me: Really? What do you fly?
Him: Oh, you know... Helicopters...

Hmmm...

:D:D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

...Can't ya take like 10 seconds to Google that shit first??!!

Seriously... It was the Grand-Prix weekend over here... Funniest thing I heard all night?

Him: So yeah, I am a Helicopter Pilot.
Me: Really? What do you fly?
Him: Oh, you know... Helicopters...

Hmmm...

:D:D:D:D

He was likely with the DGSE, or DGSI.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So did you tell him?

Nobody expects a gorgeous woman to actuallyknow anything about aircraft, let alone how to fix them, let alone work for a...

Oh, I don't know...

Helicopter company?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

He works for MI6, so he couldn't get specific.:|

That's probably it... :P

Ironically, it is not the first time someone pulls out the "I'm a helicopter pilot" bullshit... I used to work on the Bell 412 as an Aviation Systems Technician in the Canadian Forces... (In "civilan terms" that's a helicopter mechanic...) One time I was part of a crew that went to CFB Halifax for the weekend... And in the bar that night, someone tried to tell me he was one of our pilots, just here for the weekend... And I was like "dude, no you are not"... If memory serves me, he was actually "just" a Tech, like me... I believe he might even have been lower ranking!! It's a long time ago now... But still funny!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Random drunk guy in a bar. " I'm a paratrooper" really cool . How many jumps have you made ? Him " over 3000 " wow that's a lot of military jumps him cocky " yeah I know " so how many plf's can you fit in a g.p. bag ? :D

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

JohnMitchell

You're a beautiful woman. Guys want to get to know you. Some of them make $hit up because they feel you're out of their league and they want to impress you. Don't tear 'em down to badly. Just give them a little pity smile. ;):D

Harsh but true.

I have not yet had the opportunity to bust a phony but if it ever presents itself I will be without mercy.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

markharju

Harsh but true.

Just the way it works. Once you figure out how something works, you have a chance to fix it. ;)

I have not yet had the opportunity to bust a phony but if it ever presents itself I will be without mercy.

Depends on the circumstance. Stolen valor kind of thing? Yeah, let him have it. But some poor schlub trying to impress some girl? Heck, have a little pity for the bruthah. . . . :D

JohnMitchell

You're a beautiful woman. Guys want to get to know you. Some of them make $hit up because they feel you're out of their league and they want to impress you. Don't tear 'em down to badly. Just give them a little pity smile. ;):D

I'm sorry but I am all out of sympathy for schmucks who think they need to make shit up to impress a girl. I am also all out of sympathy for men who claim it's sooooooooo hard to approach a woman. Oh really??? How hard do you think it is to dance all night in 6-inch heels??! You risk getting rejected?? BIG FUCKING DEAL. I risk getting raped, killed or worse (!) if I trust that random stranger who just walked up to me...

Seriously... I think a lot of guys have NO CLUE about the dangers we constantly have to watch out for when they complain about how hard it is to approach us. And by the way, I'm a grown-ass woman. If I like a guy, I will walk up to him and start a conversation. I don't just stand there sending out brainwaves, hoping he will read my mind and come over to talk to me... And I promise you, a lot of guys behave like total pricks when *they* are not interested... So these days men do not have the monopoly on getting rejected...

Yeah... All out of pity, I'm afraid. :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

JohnMitchell

***Harsh but true.

Just the way it works. Once you figure out how something works, you have a chance to fix it. ;)

Depends on the circumstance. Stolen valor kind of thing? Yeah, let him have it. But some poor schlub trying to impress some girl? Heck, have a little pity for the bruthah. . . . :D

B|:S:D
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

markharju

******Harsh but true.

B|:S:D

Nope, sorry. Still no sympathy!! :D:D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

I am also all out of sympathy for men who claim it's sooooooooo hard to approach a woman. Oh really??? How hard do you think it is to dance all night in 6-inch heels??! You risk getting rejected??

Isn't that funny? Wow, she might say "buzz off". Is that really gonna leave a mark? :D:D I got rejected more than once as a single guy. Smile and move on. ;)

If I like a guy, I will walk up to him and start a conversation. I don't just stand there sending out brainwaves, hoping he will read my mind and come over to talk to me...

And some guys are too dumb to catch on. Sorry. :D