ryoder

"Sunshine Superman" - documentary on Carl Boenish

rmarshall234

I saw it last night with my skydiving wife and friend. It was very good!

If you started in the 70s/80s it's a must-see in my opinion. The writer/director did a very good job with what looked to me to be, a pretty challenging project. Lots of good video from back in the day. Jean Boenish comes across as very likeable and very admirable. Seems like a good egg. Great music and a good ending. A good movie for the sport.

I got to see the movie last night. All of the above is totally accurate.

A must see for anyone who has interest in skydiving and BASE jumping.

It was amusing to hear some of the comments from the whuffos in the audience.

I was the only person in the theater for a noon showing on a Saturday (Columbus, OH).

How big was the audience at other locations?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Kind of a bummer to hear that the audiences are so small; the movie is getting very strong reviews and a fair amount of coverage that I've noticed. Then, again, I guess it's the rare documentary that approaches anything close to blockbuster status...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

rmarshall234

>where the director gave a Q & A at the end

On the day we went Jean Boenish did a Q&A for the showing before ours, would have liked to have been there for that. It's been the better part of a week now and Judy and I are still talking about it.

Awesome!

NWFlyer

Kind of a bummer to hear that the audiences are so small; the movie is getting very strong reviews and a fair amount of coverage that I've noticed. Then, again, I guess it's the rare documentary that approaches anything close to blockbuster status...

I'll just be the optimist and say that I hope those are just a couple of 3 St Dev's to the left anecdotes.

It is already gone from the only place where it was showing here.

Perhaps this means it will be available on DVD sooner than the usual movie.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yeah, I was surprised at that.
I saw it in Amberst; you were in a front seat shot, Phil :)Probably jumping off too, but recognizable in the car speeding away

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Elisha

Anyone know where we can see box office draw? It would be nice to to see how (un)successful it really is.

If only we had a place where we could go to search for these things. :|

http://bfy.tw/Zdd
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

fastphil

Thanks Flyer... would it be to much to ask to get me a blue ray disc while your at it?

Yes. :P

NWFlyer

***Anyone know where we can see box office draw? It would be nice to to see how (un)successful it really is.

If only we had a place where we could go to search for these things. :|

http://bfy.tw/Zdd

Ok....pwned today. I DID try to find it on IMDB and wikipedia (which I thought would have it), but alas neither listed the box office total.

Hi

It can be downloaded from i-Tunes...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/sunshine-superman/id1037696839?ls=1

Will get my copy once I am back on a speedy IN connection...

cheers
Uwe
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

-Leonardo da Vinci

fastphil

***"Houston, we still have a problem!" :(

Sad too, Houston is where BASE got off the ground (Earth)...

I may be reading this wrong but i thought Houston was where BASE got off the ground but with B and A. Houston appears too flat to have any jumpable E's.

No E's that I can think of, but at least one S. An exciting one, with the freeway right there and a likelihood of police involvement (not to mention the daunting prospect of landing in the ship channel!), but nevertheless an S.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)