airdvr

Tailgate lottery

Ever been tailgated by someone in a relatively new vehicle? Or better yet a commercial vehicle? I've been tempted on several occasions to cynch up my seatbelts really tight and give them the ultimate brake check.

"You didn't see that dog dart across the street?"

Anyone else?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Ever been tailgated by someone in a relatively new vehicle? Or better yet a commercial vehicle? I've been tempted on several occasions to cynch up my seatbelts really tight and give them the ultimate brake check.

"You didn't see that dog dart across the street?"

Anyone else?

Plenty of times. Brake checking is bad. Even though the driver tailgating you is being a dickhead, you'll be an even bigger dickhead brake checking them into ramming you from behind.

If I'm stuck behind traffic in the left lane waiting for my turn, I'm not moving for the dickhead behind me. He/she'll have to wait their goddamn turn.

I try not to hoard the left lane but since I go pretty fast, it just makes sense to stay there and pass all the vehicles in the right lane or right two lanes. And if I'm by myself in the left lane and see someone hauling ass and approaching from behind, I have no problem moving over ahead of time and letting them go by.

But ride my ass when I'm stuck behind traffic? I'm going to mess with them, but brake checking is not an option. They just won't get by me. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had one cunt behind me this morning. I was going 90 mph in the wide open in the left lane, and she seemed adamant on getting by me using the left lane to cut in front of me and then pass a couple vehicles in the right lane, then cut over to the right lane for the exit just a quarter mile ahead... Eh??? Fuck you bitch. I surged ahead and cut over in front of the vehicle in front of her going to that exit.

Fuck the stupid cunts out there.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Something I did when I was younger, and dumber:

I was driving a Mustang Boss 302. On the way to work in the mornings, I kept getting the same idiot tailgating me on the same section of a 2-lane country road, which had (IIRC) a 45mph speed limit.

One morning I had enough: Maintaining constant speed, I downshifted from 4th to 3rd. Checked the rpm: Still room before the redline; Downshifted from 3rd to 2nd; Watching rearview mirror closely, I lifted my foot off the accelerator. A spilt second before impact, I floored it.

Watching him in my rearview mirror, sliding down the road with smoke rolling off all four wheels, and his car pointing at 45 degrees from his direction of travel, was priceless.>:(

Oh, BTW he never tailgated me again.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That same "!?&@$!" passed me as I was driving out of downtown Vancouver.
I was driving a 60-foot-long articulated bus across the abut rare Street Bridge.
The loud sports car passed me on the right, then passed two cars on the left before switching lanes to pass a fourth car.
The Australian tourist beside me held up her fist with only her pinky finger extended!
I busted a gut laughing!
"I agree completely sister! .....er ..... What did you just say?"
"He drives like a man with a small weeny."

Tempted, yes.

I'll tap the brakes a bit now and again, especially for someone who keeps coming up close when I open a bit of space up.
But actually causing an accident? No. Even though a rear end is completely the other guy's fault, the hassle isn't worth it. And insurance usually doesn't pay enough.

This happened a few miles from my house, back in March. It's perfect. The car in front doesn't seem to slow down, he (or she) is just flashing the brake lights. But the reaction from the idiot who is waaaay to close is priceless.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2016/03/11/suv-tailgates-then-crashes--41/81636622/
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

This happened a few miles from my house, back in March. It's perfect. The car in front doesn't seem to slow down, he (or she) is just flashing the brake lights. But the reaction from the idiot who is waaaay to close is priceless.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/local/2016/03/11/suv-tailgates-then-crashes--41/81636622/

Oh, that is just sooo beautiful;>:( And the trucker was in such a perfect location to get it on video!;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Driving down the 2 lane street near my house. I'm side by side with another car and we are both doing the speed limit. Ahole comes up on my ass an rides it. I maintained pace with the car next to me until just before the photo radar cameras coming up ahead of us. Just before the radar I put on my turn signal, slowed a bit to get room to move over and did so. He was so pissed he did exactly what I expected he would. He floored it and went speeding past way over the limit. Seeing him get his picture taken made my day.

Geez people its just driving. I figure if someone gets close behind me I just move over. Maybe they have to pee, diarrhea, late for a job they can't afford to loss.
Chill, there are no winners in this game.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

Geez people its just driving. I figure if someone gets close behind me I just move over. Maybe they have to pee, diarrhea, late for a job they can't afford to loss.

Yeah, there are.

What those tailgaters are doing is illegal, and unsafe.

I am giddy when the Karma catches up with them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jackwallace

To a certain degree, yes.

But when I'm doing 5 over the limit, an asshole is 5 feet off my bumper, and there's no safe place to move over?

When I'm in traffic, with a whole lot of cars in front of me and the asshole is 5 feet off my bumper (riding my ass won't make the people in front of me go any faster)?

It's dangerous, selfish and stupid.

And if they are "late to a job they can't afford to lose", then they should have left earlier. Speeding won't get them there fast enough to matter and causing an accident (see my link above) will make them even later.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Back in the old fogey days before 3rd brake lights were mandatory we used to just reach over and turn the lights on.
No brake checking necessary!
My grandfather used to have a toggle switch hard wired to the reverse lights on his old AMC. Anytime someone tailgated he would say "watch this" and hit the switch. As kids in the back we would laugh at the offending drivers surprised faces as they slammed on the brakes. Fun times!

Phillbo

Driving down the 2 lane street near my house. I'm side by side with another car and we are both doing the speed limit. Ahole comes up on my ass an rides it. I maintained pace with the car next to me until just before the photo radar cameras coming up ahead of us. Just before the radar I put on my turn signal, slowed a bit to get room to move over and did so. He was so pissed he did exactly what I expected he would. He floored it and went speeding past way over the limit. Seeing him get his picture taken made my day.

Where you a ball monitor in school too? It amazes me at the number of people that I encounter on a daily basis that will pace themselves with the car next to them just to keep the cars behind them behind them. When it would not effect them one bit to either speed up and pull over then resume same speed, or slow down pull over and resume same speed.
I travel 50 miles one way for work in southern California and it never fails I will get behind a wall of 3 cars side by side matching speeds between 65 to 70 mph keeping every body behind them for 10 to 20 miles at least 2 Or 3 times a week.
65 to 70 on southern California freeways is below average. Theese people cause the unsafe conditions of making people have to try to get around them rather then just get in the same lane and tool along at thier desired below average speed. But I guess that is not passive agressive enough for them.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Phillbo

I can count more than a handful of times where I was dealing with a dickhead behind me, and I could see a speed trap ahead, then I'd finally move over and let them go by, right into a speeding ticket. :D

Sometimes I had a tailgater on my ass, and I'd find a way to work my way through traffic and get him/her trapped while I got free and went on my way at my pace, eventually getting half a mile ahead without having to really speed. Then I pass a cop sitting over there... and look in the rear view mirror to see the tailgater finally got free and was hauling ass to reel me in... and BAM, cop pulled him over. Hehehe... That has happened at least 4 times.

I'm smart enough to know what I can and can't get away with, and if someone's gonna mess with me, they're gonna regret it. >:(

BartsDaddy

***Driving down the 2 lane street near my house. I'm side by side with another car and we are both doing the speed limit. Ahole comes up on my ass an rides it. I maintained pace with the car next to me until just before the photo radar cameras coming up ahead of us. Just before the radar I put on my turn signal, slowed a bit to get room to move over and did so. He was so pissed he did exactly what I expected he would. He floored it and went speeding past way over the limit. Seeing him get his picture taken made my day.

Where you a ball monitor in school too? It amazes me at the number of people that I encounter on a daily basis that will pace themselves with the car next to them just to keep the cars behind them behind them. When it would not effect them one bit to either speed up and pull over then resume same speed, or slow down pull over and resume same speed.
I travel 50 miles one way for work in southern California and it never fails I will get behind a wall of 3 cars side by side matching speeds between 65 to 70 mph keeping every body behind them for 10 to 20 miles at least 2 Or 3 times a week.
65 to 70 on southern California freeways is below average. Theese people cause the unsafe conditions of making people have to try to get around them rather then just get in the same lane and tool along at thier desired below average speed. But I guess that is not passive agressive enough for them.

No I was not a ball monitor. I inconvenienced the ahole for less that a minute and never created a unsafe condition. He did.

Maybe this makes me a ball monitor but last week while in Vegas I had some ahole lay on his horn behind me as soon as the light turned green. I just sat there chuckling until it cycled to yellow and creeped forward enough to be legal and left the line as it turned red. Pussy did not have the balls to run the red.

Phillbo

Maybe this makes me a ball monitor but last week while in Vegas I had some ahole lay on his horn behind me as soon as the light turned green. I just sat there chuckling until it cycled to yellow and creeped forward enough to be legal and left the line as it turned red. Pussy did not have the balls to run the red.

Yep I've met you on the road or at least ones like you. You think you were legal in that move. But impeading the flow of traffic is a citable offense. :S:S

Not at you Phillbo, just general response. Im not looking to cause an accident, and I dont mind moving over from the fast lane if someone wants to do mach asshole speed and get a ticket but sometimes there are cars in front of me and cars beside me so there is no where to go, and riding my ass is not going to make the car in front of me go any faster. If I am doing 85 in the fast lane along with every one else and you come flying up behind me and chose not to go around me to the and insist on riding my ass at 85, I have a modified version of a brake ck. Push the clutch in put it from 5 gear to 3 by then I have slowed to about 65 and dumped the clutch quickly. No brake lights for any type of warning. They usually go around after that. I wont box any body in and usually let people go if they want to speed but dont be a RICHARD CRANIUM, or I will box you behind the tractor trailer or the minivan and miss my off in order to do so for as long as possible. Its so easy to be courteous when you are driving. Like today. I am on my Harley in the HOV lanes doin 85 in the left lane and this douche nozzle rides my ass. There was a merging lane coming up so I did not want to get in the left lane. So finally this ass hat see's the light and goes around and shakes his head as he accelerates to a hundo. Guess who is half mile up the road, yep po po. He slowed down real quick.

airdvr

you've all missed the main point of my post. Have you ever considered taking the hit from behind so you could collect on the insurance money?

no because it's a 1998. With liability. but mini guns mounted fore and aft I fantasize about that all the time.:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

airdvr

you've all missed the main point of my post. Have you ever considered taking the hit from behind so you could collect on the insurance money?

No I prefer health over money. No one can guranty how bad you will be hurt in a crash.