Squeak

JeewBag

There's been no mention of it, I thought there would be.

For those of you who knew him Jewwbag (Gary Kremer) had a BASE accident.
Jumping in Canada his canopy didnt open.
I have no further info.
This post is merely to let those who are not on Facebook know that Gary died today.

:([:/][:/][:/][:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't know how many Chicks Rock boogies ago that we first met him, fresh out of the Marines. Always ready to joke about anything, offend anyone, laugh about everything. To hang out with Jewbag was always a pleasure. When he moved to Seattle a few years back we got to have even more great times with him. Whether it was smores and cage fighting at his place, or pushing his busted ass around the woods in a wheelchair, partying with him or flying with him, Gary always made life a crazy, funny, loving experience. I'll never forget taking his mom shooting at the gun range. Vskydiver and I are really crushed by this. . . Our hearts go out esp. to his mom, his brother (we took him on a tandem not too long ago with JB shooting video), and more than anyone his gf Paige. :(

tikl68

Huge bummer does not begin to express my feelings . Lots o memories. Will be very missed. Still have a hard time believing it. Condolences to his family and girlfriend.[:/][:/]

Everything you just said, yes. [:/]

He'll be buried next week in Kent, WA. I'm guessing the National Cemetery for Veterans (he was a former Marine, CH47 door gunner). Was there ever a time when he was around that you weren't laughing your @$$ off? I can't think of any. [:/]

:(:(:(:(:(

met him a couple years ago here in switzerland, chatted quite a bit every now and then. very sorry this happened to him. can barely believe it actually!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

All the details surrounding his fatality are on BASE jumper.com he apparently missed his pc and pulled very late going in at line stretch. Sadly info appears he was flying his suit poorly so failed to put himself over powerlines and pulled vey late and low. Another bad week in BASE but its the same evey year come June, July, August. Nothing changes but the look at me you tube world rolls on without a pause when the next addition to thr BFL occurs.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

your information is incorrect/wrongly stated.

and i guess it's not a whole lot about youtube this time, but having to don wingsuits without the skills constantly needed. some people are fine even when sticking to tracking only.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

virgin-burner

your information is incorrect/wrongly stated.

Right, there's nothing been said about missing the PC. Just terrible flying, target fixation and a low pull[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well, we laid Jewbag to rest today, a cloudy, cool kind of Northwest summer day, at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent, WA. Gary had just started working as a fireman, and a firetruck from his company led the procession to the ceremony site. The Marines were there to honor him too, since he was a former Marine, with the 21 gun salute and the flag presented to his mother. The fire company also presented Gary's helmet to his mother Paula. As you can imagine, she's heartbroken and cried thru most of the service, but I think she was comforted to see all the friends that turned out for her son's final journey.

The people in our sport tend to be wonderful, adventurous, fun loving people, and, as always, it hurts like hell when we lose them so soon, so young, with so much left to do. We all take chances, we all get the lectures from our whuffo friends. We know they don't understand why we do what we do. You can't stop living your life. But please think about what you can do to make the odds in your favor, to minimize your risk. Sure, when it's time to die you're the one that has to die, so live your life the way you want to. But please think of all the people you leave behind.

Sorry if I rambled on too long. It's been an emotional day. <3

Thanks John,
I'm sorry I could not be there in person, but I've been thinking about him and our friends there most of today.
That cake was PERFECT:D:D:D:D

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We miss him all the time too. Too many memories of times with him, not just at the DZ, but all over. . . [:/]

It's funny how some people thought of him as over the top, but I always felt that he just wanted to check right away to see if others had a sense of humor. I felt he didn't want to waste too much time on people who didn't like to laugh. :)

JohnMitchell

We miss him all the time too. Too many memories of times with him, not just at the DZ, but all over. . . [:/]

It's funny how some people thought of him as over the top, but I always felt that he just wanted to check right away to see if others had a sense of humor. I felt he didn't want to waste too much time on people who didn't like to laugh. :)

He was just another square peg in a world of round holes, we had that in common :ph34r:
I completely understood his view on life and people and in most part agreed with his view.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?