BillyVance

Playing Pokemon Go and driving do not mix well

oldwomanc6

They don't call them Baltimorons for no reason. ;)

Truth is, this stupid phenomenon is happening everywhere. Some homeowner shot at a couple teenagers in their car which was stopped outside his house. He got suspicious, got his gun and went out to confront them, they fled, and he shot at them. :S

Then there's the two idiots who were walking along the California coastline and fell down the cliff while playing the game. :|

Murphy's Law is going to be busy for a while.;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***They don't call them Baltimorons for no reason. ;)

Truth is, this stupid phenomenon is happening everywhere. Some homeowner shot at a couple teenagers in their car which was stopped outside his house. He got suspicious, got his gun and went out to confront them, they fled, and he shot at them. :S

Then there's the two idiots who were walking along the California coastline and fell down the cliff while playing the game. :|

The one in Florida has a thread over in SC. It has very little to do with Pokemon and a lot to do with an "Asshole with a gun" (in Yoink's words).

Walking off a cliff or driving into a cop car, however...

Stupid.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

BillyVance

***They don't call them Baltimorons for no reason. ;)

I think it is Darwin who is in charge here.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wouldn't mind so much but as I understand it there's something in the game that ignores any distance travelled if you're moving faster than walking speed anyway. You have to be walking or stood still for any interaction with the game.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

rifleman

I wouldn't mind so much but as I understand it there's something in the game that ignores any distance travelled if you're moving faster than walking speed anyway. You have to be walking or stood still for any interaction with the game.

That's not true.

Pokemon Go has interaction rules based on Niantic's previous game, Ingress.

I've played Ingress for a couple of years as something to do while getting exercise. It's great to have your mind on something else to relieve the boredom. While the game was originally intended for walkers, players quickly found a way to conquer areas better was to use vehicles. A bike is 3 to 4 times faster than a person walking and a car can be 2 to 3 times faster than that. It's a force multiplier for sure.

To help keep people from doing stupid things (help, it's impossible to stop them completely), Niantic uses a carrot and stick method of encouraging players to walk and discourage them from attempting to play the game over large distances too fast. The walking (up to a generous 6.2 MPH) is rewarded via a game achievement system which is also used for level progression (the carrot). Playing the game over large distances too fast is limited by "speed lock."

Speed lock works by sending the player's time and location to the servers every time the player actively interacts with the game (there are passive things it doesn't care about). If the player has traveled faster than 37(ish) MPH between those interactions, then the interaction doesn't count. An additional penalty is applied that any active interactions with the game become locked out for another 30 minutes. The speed lock penalty expires after 30 minutes so you can do things like play just before getting on a plane at LAX and play immediately after landing at JFK.

What this means is, it's possible (proven and people have done it) to play the game and perform an active interaction from a real life airplane at say 60 knots, make a 360° circle, and do it again and again until the target is destroyed. The reason is, it's the same location.

So the game doesn't really care what speed you're traveling. What it really cares about is speed between locations.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Banned in Saudi Arabia.

Okay, but then again, few things aren't except oil money, and a specific form of Islam.

That's why they come here for their strippers and blow.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JohnMitchell

Vskydiver plays Pokémon Go. I don't. I drive her around in her Fiat chasing imaginary whatevers.. .

Life is good. B|

That's the way to do it. B|

By the way... more Pokemon distracted dumbassery... :S at least they were on foot.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pokemon-go-causes-illegal-border-crossing-into-us/ar-BBuJrrj?li=BBnb7Kz
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This is all I needed!!!! 😡😡😡 .......

I just got back home to find FOUR Police officers in my house looking for something, acting like lunatics!!!!!

Even searching through my underwear drawers which was really weird!

I couldnt figure out WTF they wanted!

They checked inside my bed mattress, tearing it apart!!

When I asked if they had a search warrant, they just looked at me . . .

They had this WTF ever look on thier face!

Then the big guy said "Where did you hide it?? We know it's here somewhere!!"

I just screamed, "I dont know what you are fucking talking about!

Then I watched one of the Police officers look at his mobile phone and then he shouted: " Stop it! We are in the wrong house!!!!

The Pokémon is next door!!!"😂😂😂😂
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

GARYC24

How bout a nice game of chess? You still play? I'm still there.

I haven't played a good game in a couple of years now. If you've been playing on a regular basis, you'd almost certainly kick my ass now. ;)
quade -

GARYC24

How bout a nice game of chess? You still play? I'm still there.

"Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War."
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***How bout a nice game of chess? You still play? I'm still there.

"Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War."
:D

GMTA... One of the great classics of the 80's. B|

GARYC24

Yes. Still play a lot.. Though with high rated club players. Redhot pawn, chess.com and gameknot. Plus club & help once a month sometimes @ kids chess meets.

That's awesome.
quade -