Phillbo

Heaven Sent

I keep checking the news to see if a bloke in England has beat him to the draw, using a pile of cardboard boxes.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I keep checking the news to see if a bloke in England has beat him to the draw, using a pile of cardboard boxes.:D

But the bloke from England wore a chute and could have used it if he was off target. Speaking of targets, that runway made from boxes was definitely bigger than the net Luke will be using.

Both stunts though are insane.

Hi Phillbo,

You guys plan to watch this chute-less jump tonight?

No. I watched a news clip on it last night. I 'sort of' got the impression, because of the words that he used, that he might just be wearing a rig of some sort. But, without planning on using it; unless.

Thoughts??????

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

I 'sort of' got the impression, because of the words that he used, that he might just be wearing a rig of some sort. But, without planning on using it; unless.

See Brian Germains post in this thread in General: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4808740#4808740
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Phillbo

You guys plan to watch this chute-less jump tonight?

In SoCal. What channel? At 5pst on Fox what? Sports, regular Fox, Fox West?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

ryoder

Yes, it looked sketchy to me.
Here is a better video from the thread in General: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8j0YFzmqWc

Video grab:

Yeah about halfway from dead center to the edge. Any closer and he might have rolled off the edge of the net, maybe?

Still, it was a bad ass stunt and I'm glad I didn't miss it live last night.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Yes, it looked sketchy to me.
Here is a better video from the thread in General: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8j0YFzmqWc

Video grab:

Yeah about halfway from dead center to the edge. Any closer and he might have rolled off the edge of the net, maybe?

There looked to be a second, net below the impact net too.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

******Yes, it looked sketchy to me.

Video grab:

Yes, a larger net below the first one, which he fortunately used.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

BillyVance

***Yes, it looked sketchy to me.

Video grab:

If I recall the net was 100' wide and he appeared to land 25' from the edge. I was surprised that he was that near the edge.

Badass yes. Hope he made lots of $$ for it but I thought a one hour prime time was too long. Gary Connery sort of stole the thunder for his wingsuit landing IMO.

Phillbo

Did he exit with oxygen or leave it in the plane?

He exited with oxygen and then handed it over to one of his jump mates in free fall. You'll see it on the video.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

oldwomanc6

Yes, a larger net below the first one, which he fortunately used.

Looks like there was a secondary net in case he penetrated or over-stretched the first one. But it doesn't look big enough or high enough to be a "oops, I missed the first one" net.