piisfish

Emirates plane "crash" in Dubai

piisfish

It seems the pilots did a good job belly landing a 777 in Dubai today. No account of fatalities or injuries.

Passengers and crew fine. Unfortunately a firefighter died trying to extinguish the plane.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

Passengers and crew fine.

No thanks to the people in the video at the top of that page who thought it important to retrieve their bags from the overhead lockers on the way to the emergency slides - or indeed to film their own evacuation, presumably for posting on YouTube later. :S

Unfortunately a firefighter died trying to extinguish the plane.

Any details about what happened there? All I've seen is that he was killed.

No thanks to the people in the video at the top of that page who thought it important to retrieve their bags from the overhead lockers on the way to the emergency slides

No $hit! >:( People are so f-ing slow getting off of airplanes as it is. If I was on that plane and some @$$hole in front of me was trying to save his luggage I'd kidney punch him and step over him to get out the door. They are lucky they didn't lose a bunch of passengers in the ensuing fire.