BillyVance

RIP The Artist Formerly known as Prince

normiss

Take the flu seriously people.
:(

Morris, what's that dance you're doin'?

If it turns out that he died from influenza there will be a run on vaccinations.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***Take the flu seriously people.

If it turns out that he died from influenza there will be a run on vaccinations.

I think it is more likely he died from being a Jehova's Witness, being told he didn't need medication anymore and that God had cured him, or something along those lines.

Good night, sweet Prince.

gowlerk

***Take the flu seriously people.

There are lots of other, more rare ailments that can initially present with flu-like symptoms. It could be he was just mis-diagnosed.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There are lots of other, more rare ailments that can initially present with flu-like symptoms. It could be he was just mis-diagnosed.

And something like that is most likely. People don't die of the flu at home. They suffer acute respiratory distress in intensive care while every effort (usually successful) is made to save them.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Some time ago when I was working for a very large multi-state contractor I was given a job order. I loaded the van with what I thought I may need and headed out. I found myself in a private upscale neighborhood in Chanhassen MN. The job address led me to a purple house. After clearing security, I found myself at Prince's private residence/recording studio. I met his manager, a gal from Cali. She was pissed and said I was two day's late and recording was happening in a few hours. Late...news to me?

Note: I'm not a sound engineer. The studio had gremlins. The limo's started arriving with band members and babes. I was scrambling, when Prince arrived. His body guard/driver, a large white dude, let me know that this was a F-ed situation and the man was pissed. I changed out and added some bonding, added some grounding, and got load side power "squeaky clean" with some isolation transformer installs. This was way back ancient technology, but it worked out. The recording got started late. As I was loading up my tools and gear in the dark the body guard came out and told me that Prince had invited me to stick around if I wanted. Being a hard rocker (classic rock today), and not all that familiar with his music, I said sure.......come on.....the babes;) That was a great call! I partied "like it was 1999"!

What a super talented musician!! I love guitar, and man he could play! Sometime shortly before sun-up when the breaks became longer and the recording pace was slowing, he came up to me and thanked me in person, and I thanked him for expanding my music tastes. I said Hendrix was my favorite guitar player and he smiled and agreed. I found him to be a generous, kind, soft spoken, quirky (what talented artist isn't) person. To this day I get shivers when I hear "Purple Rain" the long one (with the guitar work), "When Doves Cry", and "lets Go Crazy", and "Little Red Corvette".

Sad, RIP Prince:(

Took me about 10-15 years into his career to begin to appreciate how talented he was. Never really paid much attention to him until I heard a really good local band cover a couple of his songs at a bar. Started listening to some of his stuff and became a fan.

RIP

BillyVance

Too soon? :)

From Slashdot: "In other tragic news, Kanye West had been found alive in his apartment.":ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

GD64

What a super talented musician!! I love guitar, and man he could play! Sometime shortly before sun-up when the breaks became longer and the recording pace was slowing, he came up to me and thanked me in person, and I thanked him for expanding my music tastes. I said Hendrix was my favorite guitar player and he smiled and agreed. I found him to be a generous, kind, soft spoken, quirky (what talented artist isn't) person. To this day I get shivers when I hear "Purple Rain" the long one (with the guitar work), "When Doves Cry", and "lets Go Crazy", and "Little Red Corvette".

Great tribute, which sums it up for me too -- I've admired his music since hearing his hits on the radio as a kid. RIP Prince.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

GD64

Some time ago when I was working for a very large multi-state contractor I was given a job order. I loaded the van with what I thought I may need and headed out. I found myself in a private upscale neighborhood in Chanhassen MN. The job address led me to a purple house. After clearing security, I found myself at Prince's private residence/recording studio. I met his manager, a gal from Cali. She was pissed and said I was two day's late and recording was happening in a few hours. Late...news to me?

Note: I'm not a sound engineer. The studio had gremlins. The limo's started arriving with band members and babes. I was scrambling, when Prince arrived. His body guard/driver, a large white dude, let me know that this was a F-ed situation and the man was pissed. I changed out and added some bonding, added some grounding, and got load side power "squeaky clean" with some isolation transformer installs. This was way back ancient technology, but it worked out. The recording got started late. As I was loading up my tools and gear in the dark the body guard came out and told me that Prince had invited me to stick around if I wanted. Being a hard rocker (classic rock today), and not all that familiar with his music, I said sure.......come on.....the babes;) That was a great call! I partied "like it was 1999"!

Wow, great story. Amazing night.

JohnMitchell

***Too soon? :)

:D:D Naw, Billy, I laughed. :)
Prince, we're gonna miss ya. Sorry to see you go so soon. [:/]

And don't forget the obligatory BillyVance image:

GD64

Thanks for the story!

What a great experience that must have been.

ryoder

Whatever it takes to ease the pain.......Everyone from poor midwest kids to international superstars. There is an opiate with your name on it, just waiting to claim you.

gowlerk

Whatever it takes to ease the pain.......Everyone for poor midwest kids to international superstars. There is an opiate with your name on it, just waiting to claim you.

Damn, that's a shame, but it seems all too common.

Opiate deaths, both from illegal drugs and prescription pain pills, are on the rise in this country. Yet marijuana is still illegal in most states and in federal statutes. [:/]