oldwomanc6

What's your favorite discontinued snack food?

I'm still sad when I think about this product, because no one has even come close to replicating it.

Nabisco used to have Mr. Salty Veri-thin. The thinnest pretzel sticks ever! They were so good. There were two kinds; the version in the box with the wax paper bag/liner with the clear salt, and the better version in a chip bag with the white pretzel salt.

That was my all-time favorite snack, ever!!!! I miss those something fierce, and have for decades. :(

What's your favorite snack food that is no longer available?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hydrox cookies. Not the new "original" recipe fake ones. I want the original original recipe ...the ones that were loaded with trans-fats. Same thing happened to GS cookies! >:(

And how about those caramels with the sugar centers. Those aren't the same, either.

People always gotta be screwing with stuff!

One time, and one time only, I found microwave popcorn with butter but no salt. At home, for us, it's strictly Orville Redenbacker popped in a dedicated sautee pan with melted butter poured over. I know, I know, I always believed that you'd be paying a lot more for just a fancy jar but one time they were out of the other non-microwave popcorn (they had walls of different microwave but two versions of non-microwave, the little plastic krogers sack or Orville) so I had to get it and I've never gone back, it's worth the cost.But anyway, microwave is handy at work, the airport, everywhere. But they always put at least three times as much salt as I like. It's very easy to keep a thing of popcorn salt and add the amount I like, but adding butter when I'm not in my own kitchen would be more trouble than it's worth. This stuff was perfect, so I never found it again.

Bob_Church

One time, and one time only, I found microwave popcorn with butter but no salt. At home, for us, it's strictly Orville Redenbacker popped in a dedicated sautee pan with melted butter poured over. I know, I know, I always believed that you'd be paying a lot more for just a fancy jar but one time they were out of the other non-microwave popcorn (they had walls of different microwave but two versions of non-microwave, the little plastic krogers sack or Orville) so I had to get it and I've never gone back, it's worth the cost.But anyway, microwave is handy at work, the airport, everywhere. But they always put at least three times as much salt as I like. It's very easy to keep a thing of popcorn salt and add the amount I like, but adding butter when I'm not in my own kitchen would be more trouble than it's worth. This stuff was perfect, so I never found it again.

I'm old enough to remember real theater popcorn. They all used coconut oil and real butter. However much salt they used didn't bother me but that was really good popcorn. Now they've quit using the coconut oil and ask if you want "butter flavoring" YUCK!!!!

The other tasty snack I used to like was called a Boston Cream Pie. I forgot who made it but it was like yellow cake with a layer of icing in the middle. Way better than Twinkies.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Grandma's Molasses cookies.

I used to eat those all the time as a kid. A pack of two cookies was basically my lunch at middle school. :S:D

The company that made those still makes other kinds of cookies, but the molasses ones were the best, with a thin layer of frosting on top. I haven't seen any in at least 20 years. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Grandma's Molasses cookies.

but the molasses ones were the best, with a thin layer of frosting on top. I haven't seen any in at least 20 years. [:/]

Ohhh, Grandma's Fudge Chocolate Chip cookies were my go-to choice in the snack machine at work. I must have bought 3-4 pairs a week for 25 years. :)

Oh, the list is long... But, probably my top 3 are:
- Stir & Frost Cake (Microwave).. Yum... Especially at 0100..:o
-Space Food Sticks; could carry them in your pocket all day and still eat them:P
-Concentrate Cereal; like mini Special K flakes... Hey, better than eating paste;)

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

oldwomanc6

I'm still sad when I think about this product, because no one has even come close to replicating it.

Nabisco used to have Mr. Salty Veri-thin. The thinnest pretzel sticks ever! They were so good. There were two kinds; the version in the box with the wax paper bag/liner with the clear salt, and the better version in a chip bag with the white pretzel salt.

That was my all-time favorite snack, ever!!!! I miss those something fierce, and have for decades. :(

What's your favorite snack food that is no longer available?

Red Hot Dollars

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/blog/miss-this-try-this-red-hot-dollars/