lippy

Venting/wondering how F*%ked up is this

So my employer of 15 years is shutting down the facility I'm in and moving several hundred miles away. I have an offer to move with them, but my wife and I really like where we're at and she's got a career she really likes.

I started talking to one of our competitors and got a job offer. I put in my 2 weeks notice here, and they offered me a chunk of change to stick around until the end of October. So I went back to the competitor who'd offered me the job, and they agreed to push back my start date until Nov. 1.

This morning I get an email from the CEO of the new employer, saying that he got a phone call from my current employer asking if they'd extend my start date until end of November. This strikes me as pretty fucked up, but I wanted to type this out and see if venting into the keyboard calms me down before I go ask my current boss WTF?
I got nuthin

At least he is looking out for you. He didn't try to screw you over but he should have talked to you first. Sounds like he was just really needing you and wanted to get the new company to be willing to wait for you so you didn't have to make any hard decisions. Good intentions but poor execution is what I read.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Well after calming down a bit yesterday I went and spoke with my boss about what went down...In the email from the CEO of the new place, he said 'your current employer'. It turns out that it was somebody from a different department in my current company who had a side project planned for me and freaked out when he heard I was leaving and tried to keep me around a bit longer.

I'm just going to stick around until the previously agreed end date of Nov 1 and leave this mess behind me.

Thanks for the feedback all.
I got nuthin