kallend

Cars that appeal to jerks.

jclalor

***>The most obvious car that appeals to jerks are the cars that insist on passing you
>on the right when there is heavy traffic. Perhaps this is just a California thing, but
>when I'm in the fast lane, going 70-80mph and there is traffic ahead me in my lane
>as far as the eye can see.

You can avoid the whole issue by moving right when someone behind you wants to pass.

Just sayin.

I have no problem pulling over even if I'm driving 80 and someone behind wants to go faster, providing conditions are right. If I'm in very heavy traffic and there's no place to go, why would I pull over?

What pisses me off, is when traffic is heavy, and people go into the less congested slow lane and speed up and then try to renter the fast lane, even if there isn't room.

It basically boils down to the first thing I could ever remember being taught in kindergarten, you have to wait your turn.

I hear you. I don't do it if there isn't room. In cases like this, the driver at the head of the line is being a dick or inattentive or whatever. And nobody seems to use the headlights or honk the horn anymore (I have no idea on the latter anymore, personally).

I usually know what kind of driver it was by their reaction when I go around them... If they move over right after, they were inattentive "oops". If they don't and hold their spot despite a clear lane next to them, they're being selfish. If they suddenly speed up once they realize what I'm doing, they're being an asshole.

Options 1 and 3 usually get the left lane moving faster. I'm not gonna hang around teaching #2 a lesson. :P

If there isn't enough room for me to slide over smoothly at a higher rate of speed without having to swerve, then I'm not doing it. I usually don't leave the left lane if I see a gap that isn't big enough.

There are a lot of single vehicles that just run in the left lane all by themselves. Those I don't waste time with, just go around them in the right lane. If they're paying attention behind them, they usually move over before I have to decide to coast, hit the brakes or take the right lane. That's the way it should be.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had one last night driving home . I have no idea what kind of car he was driving one of those SUVs that looks more like a minivan . 2 Lane Highway 55 mile an hour speed limit . I was in the left lane passing someone doing about 50 at about 58 miles an hour . All of a sudden some dick comes flying up behind me and got right on my tail . so I stomped on the gas pass the guy on my right and slid over in the right line to let him have it . He gets about 10 feet past me then suddenly swerves in the right-hand lane Catches up to the car in front of us tailgates him. they pass the car in the left he sharply swerves to the left lane . runs up to the next guy in line tailgates him . and so on and so on until he disappeared from sight I guess it was his mission in life to tailgate everybody on the road . the crazy part is the traffic was light there is plenty of room between cars . All of this was completely unnecessary. :S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

>I have no problem pulling over even if I'm driving 80 and someone behind wants
>to go faster, providing conditions are right. If I'm in very heavy traffic and there's
>no place to go, why would I pull over?

I guess I've never been doing 70-80mph in traffic so heavy that there is no way to move over. (If that ever did happen, you'd have to start moving over to the right lane anyway - otherwise you'd be sorta trapped on the highway.)

If traffic is stopped, of course, there is often nowhere to go.

>What pisses me off, is when traffic is heavy, and people go into the less congested
>slow lane and speed up and then try to renter the fast lane, even if there isn't
>room.

That's annoying. But again, if there's a less congested slow lane, you could move over - because in that case there IS somewhere to go.

>It basically boils down to the first thing I could ever remember being taught in
>kindergarten, you have to wait your turn.

Well, that and be polite, even if the other guy isn't.

billvon

>I have no problem pulling over even if I'm driving 80 and someone behind wants
>to go faster, providing conditions are right. If I'm in very heavy traffic and there's
>no place to go, why would I pull over?

I guess I've never been doing 70-80mph in traffic so heavy that there is no way to move over. (If that ever did happen, you'd have to start moving over to the right lane anyway - otherwise you'd be sorta trapped on the highway.)

If traffic is stopped, of course, there is often nowhere to go.

>What pisses me off, is when traffic is heavy, and people go into the less congested
>slow lane and speed up and then try to renter the fast lane, even if there isn't
>room.

That's annoying. But again, if there's a less congested slow lane, you could move over - because in that case there IS somewhere to go.

>It basically boils down to the first thing I could ever remember being taught in
>kindergarten, you have to wait your turn.

Well, that and be polite, even if the other guy isn't.

I really am not trying to be antagonistic.
I'm sure you are missing his point because you've yet to address it. If you had I'd say you two have a difference of opinion but it's almost as if you are deliberately being obtuse.